Chapter 56: Matte

"Asalam Alaykum."

I greeted as I walked into our bedroom, Adeel replied with a low voice and sat up straighter. I bit my lower lip because I sort of deserve whatever he says to me.

"Nabeela Hassan. Sit." I patted my scarf slowly and sat on the padded bench in front of the bed.

I hear him exhale and inhale.

"First, I'd like to say I'm sorry for listening in on your conversation, it wasn't good character, neither was behaving like a jealous husband earlier. I have no excuses." I raised my head up meekly, excuses? Oh Ya Allah, Allahu Akbar.

Apologise in this day and age? I'm grateful.

"It's fine." He nods and comes closer to me.

"Nabeela. It's been a year since we married. And wallah, it seems like we're only going in circles, we seem to move forward and then end up right where we began." I raise my head up sharply at his accusation.

"Don't look at me like that. You still had a nightmare the night we came in from Nigeria. You know it." I slowly drop my head. Nabeela,well caught. Very well caught.

"The nightmare isn't even a problem, because In Sha Allah we will tackle it, you're still afraid of touch. Sometimes I can only watch you from afar. I swear, it hurts, but I'll always be here to help you. I promised I'd be your partner, I intend to fulfil that promise every step of the way. You're mine, I'm yours, nothing in this world changes that In Sha Allah." At this point, I sniffed. I'd been silently crying, I looked up to see him open his arms wide for me, I slowly walk into it and he encloses me around his body. His warmth seeping through me.

"I'm sorry." I say.

"Don't be sorry. Don't ever be sorry for things you can't change." I hear him rumble. His body vibrates against my own.

"I had no idea I was pushing you away." I'd stepped out to look at his face.

He laughs before answering.

"You? Push me?" He laughs louder.

"Adeelu." He stops, looks at me and laughs even harder.

"Beela, please don't kill me. You can't push me away, even if you tried. Okay." I nod and swipe at my eyes.

"It will all turn out to be good in the end. Khair In Sha Allah." I nod again.

****

"I'd like to see how the foundations are made. Matte and not." Ebira smiled at me and walked ahead, I followed her. We'd both gotten off on a good start when I heard she was Nigerian, and her parents named her after their tribe so they'd never forget home.

"You can look at the ingredients on the laminated pasted paper over there, I'll be waiting." I walked over to the laminated paper in question and began to look at the ingredients to see if any was Haram, if any is, it'd have to be taken out.

"It's fully Halaal. We supply Huda Cosmetics too, we solemly promise Halal products and we look for ways to make our stand everyday." I looked over to her. And we walked again to the lipsticks section, I watched how the colors were prepared, I saw the way they filled it into bullets that we applied on lips.

"Nabeela, you're assured of the very best. I promise you." I looked at her again, I hadn't uttered a word since we got into the lipsticks section, lipsticks are my weakness, my guilty pleasure.

I swallowed.

"Can I mix my own colors? I find that the conventional colors don't look so good on some skin types." She nods and smiles enthusiastically.

I longingly looked again, but I had to go, my appointment is ending in five minutes, by British standards, I'll soon overstay my welcome.

I stretch out my hand with a confidence I don't feel, he does the same and our hands clasp for no less that two seconds.

"I'll be getting back to you." She nods and smiles again.

****

"Ya Allah, Adeel, everything there was so magical. Makeup on display. So mouth watering." He laughs at my enthusiasm.

"So have you finalized?" He asks.

"Yes I have, finally, Alhamdulilahi." He echoes me.

"So the one you went to today?" I nod, he comes to sit on bed beside me. The bed dips with his weight.

"Why did you choose them?" I look down to my laptop. It had not been a spontaneous decision, it was a decision I'd taken after thinking and praying, something I hadn't done in a long while.

"Well, they were the only ones willing to promise not to ever use Haram ingredients without informing me. I could never sleep with myself after doing that." He nods encouragingly.

"What's their price range like?" I turn the screen of my laptop to him and he stretches his hand for my calculator I'd placed on the bedside table.

He begins punching in numbers. And after a few minutes, he smiles at me.

"It's satisfactory. You can reduce your prices and slowly climb up if importation prices change. Kinji?" I nod. He leans over and kisses my cheek. I smile.

"May you be successful at it, may it be blessed." I cup my hands, and mutter an Ameen.

He walks off to the bathroom, leaving me with a ball of nerves in my belly.

************
Hey, Vivian Is Quite Busy and her skin had a reaction to reservoir Water so I am updating on her behalf🤗She had the chapter ready but she just wanted to torture us😭😩😂Sha it's here at last.

And No, I didn't read it too🤧I wanted to be fair to you all.

Let's all Enjoy this chapter and Pray she comes back soon and updates another chapter❤️
                                     TeemahGujbawu❤️