Chapter 42: Flighty Beela.

How do you like your cheese? You can have it in any form below.😄😄😌😌😌

Just after I finished praying Fajr, a knock sounded on my door. I rolled up my mat and walked to the door. Adeel has turned it into a habit to knock at my door after Fajr.

"Good morning." He greeted once I opened the door. I looked on as he pushed his way in without waiting for my answer.

I shut the door behind him and watched as he made himself comfortable on the padded bench at the foot of my bed. Holding a large paper bag.

"Is everything OK?" I ask and he nods.

"I brought this for you." I eye him in puzzled silence. What is it with the many gifts?

"Don't look at me like I'm bribing you. We are going out. We have to leave the house before 10:30 or we'll miss our ride." I sigh and sit on the bed.

"What ride? Where are we going? How long are we going to be gone." He smiles and I look away.

"I'm taking you out on a little trip throughout today. You'll see where we are going when you get there." I huff and lay under my covers. Which one is surprise again.

"Beela, don't be difficult. I just wanted us to have a good time today. I wanted to us to do  something. We haven't really gone out since we were married." I purse my lips in what I hope is a classic frown.

"I have work today. Three makeup consultations that I cannot afford to annoy because of a trip that I have no idea about. I even have an important meeting later today. So?" I spread my hands out and watch him groan. Does he think I go to work to play?

"I talked to Rahma. All your consults have been rescheduled. And your secret meeting later today has been moved to tomorrow at nine am." I stare at him for a few seconds and look at my reflection in the foot board mirror.

"Really?" He nods and smiles again. I loon away again. His smile is a weapon of mass destruction.

I sniff haughtily and nod at the bag he is sitting next to. "What is in the bag?"

He empties the contents on the bed next to me. "Wear that. And look beautiful. We have a long day ahead."

I raise an indignant eyebrow. He pats my head and walks out my room, closing my door softly behind him.

I rifle through the boxes on my bed. I opened one to a Navy blue patterned silk skirt like I wore the last time to DikHas anniversary. I opened another to a white blouse, another box has not too high comfortable Navy blue wedges. It looks as though he is trying to replicate what I wore during our last 'date'.

I flop back on my bed after lazily pushing everything to the bench. As I drift off to sleep all I can think of is how I can make my eyes pop later.

******

ADEEL BABA HASSAN

I hear the knock knock of heels against the carpeted stairs and I turn to look. She appears like a mirage and I stop to look at her.

She has managed to look like a queen. An unfuckwithable queen. She checks the time on her wristwatch and I take that as my cue to speak.

"You are right on time. Its ten thirty." She smiles and those dimples dip in. Those dimples Ya Allah.

We walk to the door and we step out. It occurs to me to take a photograph even though I've arranged for someone to take candid shots of us later.

"Beela, smile." She automatically widens her lips and the apple of her cheeks go up with the effort. A foolish sort of feeling envelops my entire chest.