♤-Chapter 36-♤

"The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. It's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere." --Barack Obama

Chapter 36: Presentation

Clear View University

Mr. Sawyer greeted us after entering the room and the randomly picked a name on his clipboard. "Good morning class. For our first presentation, we will have Nikolai and Tatiana." He looked around the class then said again.

"Remember to take notes as I will choose the best Presentation to ask a pop quiz about at the end of the week that will count 10% of your semester."

Tatiana and Nikolai stood up and walked to the front of the class. Mr. Sawyer nodded at them and Nikolai started the presentation, "We will be presenting the Attack on Pearl Harbour." He looked at Tatiana and she nodded in acknowledgment at him.

Nikolai continued, "The attack on Pearl Harbour was a surprise military strike by the Japanese. The Imperial Japanese Navy Air service to be precise." Nikolai looked down at the page. "The Attack was against the United States naval base at Pearl Harbour, Hawaii Territory on the morning of December 7, 1941."

Looking up he saw all the kids looking around the class being bored so Nikolai cleared his throat and quickly everybody was looking back at the two of them. "This attack was known as the Battle of Pearl Harbour that led to the United States' entry into World War 2. Tatiana will be giving us more information now."

Tatiana nodded then started, "The Belligerents where United States vs. Imperial Japan. US Commanders and Leaders were ADM husband E. Kimmel and Lt-Gen Walter Short." Tatiana cleared her throat and continued with telling the Strengths, Casualties, and Losses and also the Civilian Casualties.

As she kept talking, Nikolai found himself staring at her lips, thinking about how it would feel to kiss her again. His heart broke for a second when she said the kiss was a mistake and that they would only be friends.

Nikolai wanted to be so much more than friends but he wouldn't tell her that now. Not after they were finally okay again.

She nodded her head when she was done, queuing that it was Nikolai's turn again, but he missed the signal for a second. Tatiana raised an eyebrow and bumped his shoulder bringing Nikolai back into the real world. He cleared his throat and continued.

"Japan intended the attack as a preventive action to keep the U.S. Pacific Fleet from interfering with military actions they planned in Southeast Asia against overseas territories of the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and the United States."

The students were looking bored again but this time Nikolai left them knowing why they were bored, he would be too, if it was him listening.

"Over the next seven hours, there were coordinated Japanese attacks on the U.S-held Guam, Philippines and Wake Island and the British Empire in Malaya, Hong Kong, and Singapore."

Tatiana and Nikolai continued to make turns of presenting and the teacher looked happy about it. When they were done Tatiana and Nikolai walked back to their table and the other students continued.

Finally, the period was done and so were the last seniors. Mr. Sawyer stood up and looked around the class. His eyes landed on Nikolai's and he nodded.

"Well done class. I'm happy everyone had done there projects. Now the pop quiz will be about The Attack on Pearl Harbour." Tatiana looked up at Nikolai then at Mr. Sawyer. She pointed her fingers at Nikolai and herself. Mr. Sawyer nodded and she groaned.

The bell rang and the two of them walked to the front. Mr. Sawyer said "Well done, I'm surprised you guys did it. But you have an A+ so great job."

Tatiana and Nikolai nodded at the teacher. They walked down the hall before they went left to the hall of the Sports class when Tatiana suddenly stopped.

"So, Silva asked me to bring a date with me to this celebration we do every year and I can't bring someone within our family so I wanted to know if you wanted to come? That is if you have nothing planned." Nikolai looked up at her with surprise before smirking, "Sure when and where?"

Tatiana let out a sigh of relieve. "Saturday, just be at my house. The limo will pick us up there." He nodded his head in a silent agreement and they continued their way to sports class.

Copyright © 2018 by Grace Write