♤-Chapter 58-♤

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." - Dale Carnegie

Chapter 58: A Mothers Disapproval

2101 Woodpine Road

Nikolai sighed in frustration over the phone when his mom called him for the 5th time this week. "Yes, mom of course I remembered. I would never forget our family dinner once a week." You could swear Nikolai always forget to go to this dinner when he's the one that always remembers. Saying goodbye to his mom Nikolai locked his phone and placed it on the charger.

He seriously needed a new phone battery. That thing was giving up on him. Rubbing his hands over his face Nikolai thought of the many ways to break the news to Tatiana that they had to go have dinner with his mom.

Tatiana and Nikolai's mother only met once and that happens to be when Tatiana kidnapped Nikolai. It wasn't the best first impression ever. Nikolai's mother hated her for putting him in danger so his mother didn't know they were serious.

Nikolai was going to tell Tatiana he just couldn't think of when would be the best time to tell his mom 'I love the girl you hate and there is nothing you could do about it'.

But Nikolai thinks it is finally the right time. Nikolai knows that Tatia and he have been dating for almost 1 year now and they just graduated 2 months ago.

Nikolai just thinks it is about time he introduces them properly and lets his mother know that he plans on being with Tatiana for the rest of his life.

A beep on his phone brought his attention back into the real world. Unlocking the phone I show a Facebook notification. It was a friend request from Rose Dela Vega.

Nikolai shook his head and started stressing. Why would she invite him on Facebook? Although things between them ended well Nikolai didn't think they would ever be in contact again.

Deciding to decline Nikolai locked his phone again and jogged downstairs before he lost his nerve and went alone to his mother's house.

Tatiana was sitting in her office on the first floor. Her laptop opened as she sped away typing something probably important for Silva.

Tatiana looked up as Nikolai entered the room before continuing. Not saying anything, Nikolai sat down in the leather chair in front of her desk.

The room was silent other than her keyboard clicking. She sighed and closed the laptop placing her head on her hands. "Yes, Nikolai?" She had a raised eyebrow and a glint in her eyes.

"So I kind of have to tell you something," Nikolai spoke softly, tapping on her desk with his fingers before gulping. "Mm," Tatiana looks at Nikolai with a raised eyebrow. "Well, you know about tonight's dinner?"

She nodded and frowned and looked down at her wristwatch, "Yes, what about it? Is it already time to get ready?" Nikolai shook his head calming her down. "No, it just that my mother... well um... she doesn't exactly know... that well um you're coming with me."

She looks at me with the kind of glare that could make men in their graves shiver. "I'm sorry? Did I just hear you say that your mother does not know I'm coming?" Nikolai bit his lip and nodded.

She huffed and looked out of her office window. "Call her and tell her that I am coming. Or I'm not!"

Tatiana was about to storm out of the room when Nikolai grabbed her by the arm. "Love, listen to me. I can't because we both know she doesn't really like you and I want her to. I want you guys to meet again and get off the right foot this time. Please?"