Chapter 34

Damiens POV

"I will go with you now. But can your large bully please let Marty go so a doctor can look over him and make sure he's okay. I will go without a fight if you do that"

My head snapped back over to Alyssa as I processed the words she had just said. This was never part of the plan, the plan was to take Marty by force once Thomas was busy with something else. I took a step in Alyssa's direction, intent on stopping her doing something stupid. A hand on my shoulder stopped me, I turned and came face to face with Felix.

"I wouldn't do that. She has a new plan, trust her that she knows what she is doing"

I nodded and turned back around, just as the large man that had Marty lowered him onto the ground. I caught Marty mid air as he launched himself into my arms, my heart broke as I heard the soft crying. He buried himself into my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my neck. I kissed his hair and pulled him back so I could look at him. His face was covered in blood and cuts. His arms were much the same, I had to stop myself before I went over there and pulled Thomas' heart out of his chest.

"Hey there Marty, I'm going to give you to uncle Thrain okay? He's going to take you to see the doctor"

"No, I want to stay here with you"

"You can't Marty. I need you to go with Thrain okay? You need to go and get checked over by the doctor. Alexis and Julius will be there"

"Is Rosie with them?"

"I'm afraid not little man. But I'm sure they will have lots of stories to tell you about her"

"Okay. I'll go but be safe and I love you"

I chuckled and shook my head "I love you too Marty"

Thrain came over and took him out of my arms and started walking back to the camp. Marty was cuddled up to his shoulder but he was smiling. He never ceases to amaze me what a strong kid he is.

"Um, what's going on with Alyssa?" Felix took a step toward them but stopped when he saw Alyssa's face

I turned my head and I could feel my eyes widen "Oh shit, he's in trouble. Not good" I stepped to the side and saw what Thomas was seeing and to be honest, I was shocked. I have never seen someone half shift before. Alyssa had fur sprouted out of her arms and legs, she had a snout and sharp teeth but everything else looked human. She had gotten extremely tall and her arms were elongated with extremely sharp claws on the end. She looked kind of terrifying to be honest, it made me glad that I had sent Marty away. We all looked on in abject horror as she stalked slowly towards Thomas, her glowing red eyes never leaving him, her prey.

"Everyone attack!" Thomas yells, and takes a step back

The remaining wolves all jump into action, some tried to get to Alyssa and the others went after the rest of the pack. But our pack was stronger, in minutes, they had Thomas' wolves subdued and on the ground with no casualties. Alyssa didn't want to kill anyone, just in case Thomas was blackmailing them into helping him. Which wouldn't surprise me to be honest.

Thomas' face turned white as a sheet when he noticed all of his wolves on the ground and not moving, he took another step backward but stopped when a feral growl tore from Alyssa.

She stopped right in front of him, not moving, not saying anything. I walked over toward them, taking my time. As I stood beside Alyssa, I noticed a very scary serene smile on her face, directed at Thomas. She was frightening at the moment, I know she isn't herself and I don't think she will ever really be the same after this. She has never gone this far into her haze and I'm afraid of what it is doing to her soul, she is such a gentle soul but now that our pup was threatened, I think it took her over the edge. I hope I get my Alyssa back after this.