Chapter Seven

Hi!, I'm so sorry about the long wait, but I moved into a new house over the past week and then I've had work and just haven't had time to type anything up. 

I hope this makes up for it!

We get to meet the man in Alyssa's life this chapter. Let me know what you think and if you guessed right!

I sighed and leaned my head back on the head-rest, we were finally on our way home. Only one person was on my mind and I couldn't wait to see him. These past few days without him have been horrible. We left as soon as we finished the ritual, Alexis and Julius understood so they lent us a car so we didn't have to run all the way back. I was extremely grateful, I didn't think I would be able to run all that way again. Julius is sending the builders along in the morning and to say I am excited about having proper houses for everyone is an understatement. We have already decided to keep it pretty simple, our pack doesn't really care about the wealth of things as most packs don't, we have gone without it for so long that we don't really need it.

The pack house will be the grandest of them all, as it will house all the wolves who don't want to live with their families or don't have a family and it will be the main meeting space for visitors. Pack members won't get their own house until they find their mate. The mated wolves and families will all get to design their own houses, helps to make them more comfortable in their new house.

I looked over at Thrain in the driver's seat, he was relaxed, one arm on the window and the other on the steering wheel. There have been plenty of times where I was weak and wished that he was my mate, but then my brain kicks in and I remind myself that he is basically my brother.

I frown when I remember that he is going to leave when we get back home, he is going to take the car and head to our old pack lands. From what I've heard, they are still abandoned, no one wants to take over the land because it was in the mountains and extremely hard to defend. We didn't have a problem with it, maybe because we grew up there. I ordered him to take Tom and Eric with him, I know he can take care of himself but I reminded him that he is now Beta and he has to think about the wellbeing of the pack as well as himself, he knew I was right.

"Stop frowning Lyssy, or you will get wrinkles" Thrain looked over at me with a smirk

"Shut up train" I smirked right back at him when I saw his jaw clench and a frown appear on his face.

He always hated that nickname, when I was really young, I couldn't pronounce his name so I called him train, it stuck around when I wanted to annoy him.

The boys in the back were snickering behind their hands, not wanting their Beta to see their amusement.

"Are you glad we are going home?" I asked the boys

"Absolutely" Tom peeked his head through the gap between the seats and grinned "I can't wait to help build everything"

I shook my head, Tom was a very talented guy, he could make anything out of a piece of wood. He is hoping the builders will teach him some stuff so he can get a job in the nearest city to help the pack. I can't get a job because I will have the pack to run but anyone that can will be getting a job, only if they want, I won't be forcing anyone to work if they don't want to. Thrain has already taken part of our first stipend and invested it, he is very smart with numbers so I trust him to get a good return on it. He will invest some of each stipend until we can stand on our own feet. I don't want to lean on the royals for too long.

"I won't lie, I was hoping I would find my mate" Thrain gave me a small smile and looked back to the road.

"You can't lie, not to me anyway" I joke, hoping to erase the sad look in his eyes.