Chapter 26

Its our third day at the palace, the papers are all signed so when we get back and do the Alpha ceremony and the official pack joining ceremonies, I will officially be the Alpha of The Silver Blood Pack. I was freaking out internally and it doesn't help that we are meeting with Alice the seer today.

My mind is all over the place, I'm pretty sure I'm going nuts as well and I don't think the fact that I'm pregnant is helping me out all that much. I sank into the bathtub and laid my head back. Damien had taken Julius up on his offer to train with the palace warriors for the day, Alexis was doing her queenly duties and Eric and Tom were with Marty, most likely causing trouble for someone.

It's the first time in a long time I've been alone, now, I love Damien, Marty and my pack don't get me wrong but sometimes I need some alone time to decompress and to sort my thoughts out. And right now, it is much needed.

I closed my eyes and let my body drift further down into the bubbles. I can't believe I'm pregnant so soon, do I want to have a pup already? What about being the Alpha to a pack of 500? So many thoughts circled my mind, but one image sticks to the forefront of my mind. An image of Damien and Marty playing that day at the lake, it then changed to Damien holding a tiny bundle with a look of pure love on his face.

And in those two images, my questions are answered. As long as I have Damien, then everything will be perfect.

My mind went back to the fact of me being pregnant, I'm glad my advanced senses picked up on it so quickly. I'm pretty sure it happened that first day we were here, the heart beat is barely there and my scent has barely changed at all, but I was able to pick it up, much like I did with Delilah. Laying a hand on my stomach, my mind turned to the other strange thing I have noticed the past couple of days. I have picking up a strange scent, not a dangerous scent, but a strange familiar way. My brain thinks it knows the scent but can't place it at all.

It's driving me absolutely insane. My wolf is not helping either, constantly going on about her pup and how it must be protected at all costs and how I need to tell Damien. I do plan on telling him tonight thankfully, I won't be able to keep this a secret for long. Damien's senses are good, not as good as mine, but he will smell the changes soon.

I enjoyed my bath a bit longer then climbed out and got dressed into some shorts and a tank top. My body will be running hotter now that I'm pregnant. I braided my hair over my shoulder, slipped some shoes on and headed through the palace in search of Damien. I could mind link him but if hes concentrating then I don't want to distract him, plus I didn't mind the walk.

I walked into the kitchen, amazed at the activity going on. Four cooks were scurrying around the benches cooking or prepping certain things. I couldn't tell what they were cooking but it all smelled amazing. A small woman was standing off to the side mixing what looked like cookie dough, a brief thought made me wonder if she was the one who made the cookies that we had last time we were here.

My mind swirled, only four people should have know that cookie recipe, but she made them exactly like my mom used to. What if she wa- no, I shook that thought away. I would know if my brother was here at the palace, Alexis and Julius would have told me. Plus, if he was alive and here, he would have heard about me becoming Alpha and he would have come to find me. At least I hoped he would have.

"Alpha Bowers? Can I help you with anything?" A tall and wiry lady asked. Her hair was streaked with grey and her face was pinched, like she frowned way to much.

"Oh, I'm meeting Alice and was wondering if we could have some yummy snacks" I tried to appeal to her ego but if anything, her face became more pinched.

"They are already on the way Alpha. Anything else?"

Well shes a bit of a bitch. "If you could tell me if you have seen a little boy around 3 with two large men?"