Chapter 32

A memory flashed across my mind of me playing with my younger brother, Felix, and I shifted early and accidentally scratched his face. My eyes flew open and my whole body froze, before I could even think about anything else, Damien was in front of me growling menacingly at what I now suspect is my long lost baby brother.

"Who are you and why are you here?" Damien growled out

"Damien, move out of the way please" He didn't budge "Alpha Damien. Move" My voice went low and hard

Damien turned to me with shock but still moved out of the way. I sent him a small smile and touched his hand as I walked past him and towards the stranger. As I got closer, his scent hit me stronger and more and more memories hit me.

Felix and I in the kitchen with mom, baking her special recipes chocolate cookies. Out in the yard with dad, training with each other and trying to prove who was strongest.

Then the night of the fire, the smell of smoke in the air, the stench of burning flesh and flashes of orange and waves of heat.

I could feel my heart beat getting faster and could feel Damien reaching out for me, I waved him away but didn't take my eyes off the stranger.

"Felix? Is that really you?"

He took in a deep breath and it looked like the realization finally hit him. His eyes widened and I saw his eyes glisten. I could tell we had an audience now, Thrain and Josh were next to Damien while Tony and Joel were behind him. I looked behind me and saw Thrain with a shocked look on his face.

I saw Felix take another deep breath and take a step forward, Tony and Joel jumped in front of Damien and growled at Felix, turning I growled a warning telling them to back off.

"Alyssa? What? How? What is going on?" All I saw was my baby brother distressed and confused.

My body did what it always did when I saw him upset, I stalked forward and swept him into a bone crushing hug. I heard multiple growls before a stern voice told them to knock it off before they made them. My shoulder felt wet and when I focused, I realized that Felix was crying. Seeing him cry just dug the revelation deeper that my baby brother had survived the horrific tragedy that took our parents and I had finally found him again. I could feel myself start to cry so I let it out, I let out all the years of anger and anguish that I was the only one in my family to survive, I let out all the sadness of never seeing my baby brother grow up and meet his mate, and the sadness that my family would never meet my mate or pups.

To have Felix back in my arms just makes everything better, I know that he is going to make a fantastic uncle to Marty and to our new pup. Tears gave way to a large stupid smile, I pushed him away so I could see his face. He still looked mostly the same, just a lot more manly and mature now. He was most defiantly taller then me now. Felix laughed and drew me in for another hug.

"Felix, I thought you died in the fire. How did you survive?"

"Dad picked me up and dropped me off into the forest, I was pretty badly burnt but border patrol from another pack saw me and took me to the palace. The palace guard took me in and trained me for all these years. I thought you had died, how did you survive?"

"Dad tasked Thrain with getting me out. We went to another pack and took refuge as cousins who had just lost their pack"

Felix's head swiveled around until he landed on Thrain "Thrain!"

Thrain jogged over and swooped in to hug him as well, I could see everyone looking on in confusion and Damien was having to be held back by Tony and Joel. I grimaced and took Felix's hand and dragged him over to Damien.

"Love, I would like you to meet my baby brother Felix. I thought he had died"

"You have a mate! And he's the Alpha of the Silver Thunder Pack? Damn, we have so much to catch up on" Felix held out his hand form Damien to shake it

Damien looked like he was too far in his anger to register anything but ripping off Felix's head for touching his mate. I walked over to him and laid my hand on his chest, over his heart. I could feel his heart beat start to slow and then he looked down at me. I smiled up at him and turned back to Felix.

"In case you didn't hear me just then, I would like you to meet my baby brother. Turns out, he didn't die"

Damien looked shocked and promptly grabbed Felix's hand and shook it "I'm so pleased to meet you. But I don't mean to be rude love, but we have someone to bring home"

"Oh! Let's go. Felix, your coming with us, we have a lot of catching up to do"

***

Two days later we arrived at our old pack lands. We stopped about a two hour run away just so that Thomas' guards don't catch our scent. I instructed everyone to set up camp while Damien, Felix and I went to scout out what was happening.

Walking up to Felix and Damien, I instinctively went straight into Damien's arms. Felix smiled at us and shook his head, I found out last night that the cookies that we had had that first visit to the castle were actually made by his mate and that he had given her our family recipe. I can't wait to actually meet the woman who is destined for my little brother.

"We ready to go?" I asked the boys

"Yep. It's strange to be back here after so much time. I wonder what has changed" Felix looked deep in thought

"From what Thrain said when he visited, not much. The house ruins are all still there and the forest has started to reclaim the land" I replied

"Let's go. I want to get all this over with and bring Marty home" Damien shifted and started walking towards the pack lands

I shook my head but agreed and followed his lead. We ran for about an hour before stopping just shy of the pack border, we have to be careful in how we proceed from here on out, we don't want to give away that we are here. I shuffled on my belly and hid under a bush, we had split up to try and cover as much land as possible. I spotted a guard 100 meters in front of me, he walked along the border looking extremely bored and like he didn't care at all. That would work to our advantage.

We spent an hour scoping out the border, looking at their shifts and analyzing how we would get through. We met up and ran back to the group.

That night, we went over the information as closely as we could and made a plan. Thrain and I know how Thomas runs his pack and so we let everyone know what to expect with his pack members, but from what we can see, it isn't much anymore. There isn't many guards protecting the border so that should make it easier to slip through undetected.

With our plan laid out, everyone settled in for the night.

***

The next morning, we all got up early and set off towards the border. Alexis and Julius have stayed behind, they know that this is between two Alpha's but they also can't let things go to far. But they trust Damien to make sure I don't go off the deep end, but truthfully, I think he is close to his breaking point and depending what Thomas does today, this could end badly for him.

We didn't try to be stealthy today, we shifted and ran straight towards the border. As we got close, a loud howl went up from in front of us, the border guards have smelled us. As we got closer, my nose caught the scent of Thomas and my wolf surged forward and snapped her teeth, she wanted his blood. I could feel my control slipping and I didn't really care. We all stepped into a clearing close to the border and Thomas came into view.