Chapter Ten

I am so sorry about the long wait, work has been crazy, I moved and I had horrible writers block. 

But here's Chapter Ten, I will uploading the next chapter right away as penance for the long wait. 

These next few chapters are exciting though!!

I am currently hiding out in the kitchen, most of the visiting Alpha's are already here and there are a lot of people asking me who I am and if I am the Alpha's mate. I was close to ripping someone's head off if I didn't escape. I let my thoughts wander to earlier this afternoon, I told Marty that I was adopting him and the look on his face was priceless. He started crying and saying how happy he is, I shook my head, for only being three, he is extremely mature. Going through what he has at his age would make anyone grow up quickly.

"Alyssa"

My head snapped up to see Thrain standing there with an amused smile on his face, he is looking extremely handsome tonight, his black suit fit him perfectly and his hair was combed back neatly. I noticed Delilah wasn't with him, but I don't think she would be up for such a large gathering just yet.

"Thrain" I nodded at him and gulped my water, I was nervous about tonight and I had no idea why.

"Come on, everyone has arrived and King Julius wants us up on stage" He looked calm and collected but I could see the storm brewing in his eyes, tonight would set the stage for how our entire future would go.

I nodded and stood, smoothing out my dress and trying to settle the butterflies in my stomach. Tonight will be interesting.

"Let's go. Have you seen our neighbouring Alpha yet?" I asked as we made our way outside.

"Yup. He looks just as wild as they say, you will know when you see him"

I nodded as we stopped at the stairs to the stage, everyone was here, waiting for the introductions to start. I know most of them are expecting a male but they will be surprised to see me. Looking around, I saw my pack mingling with everyone from the other packs. I was glad to see everyone being friendly, I want us to have good relations with these packs in the future, I just have to prove myself as a competent Alpha and not just a female.

I looked to the back, my eyes being drawn to a large figure who looked imposing. His hair hung down to his shoulders, his back rippled with muscles. This man must be our elusive neighbour. I could feel desire swirl in my body and it freaked me out, I have never felt desire for any man before and now this man, who I have never met before nor seen his face has me almost panting. My wolf was silent, which is strange in itself. I had the briefest thought that he could be my mate, but I couldn't feel any kind of bond with him.

The wind changed slightly and I caught a whiff of the most fantastic scent, it was the woods right after a storm, my favourite smell, with just a hint of pure male. It was gone as quickly as it came so I didn't get a chance to search, plus the King was starting.

I shrugged it off and walked on stage with Thrain, Josh and Lauren. I smiled at Julius and Alexis and took my spot behind them. The whispers hushed as King Julius stepped up to the microphone.

"Thank you all for coming to this introduction party. It has been a pleasure getting to know Alpha Bowers and I hope you feel the same"

Julius gestured for Josh and Lauren to step forward "Josh and Lauren Roberts, Gamma couple to Alpha Bowers"

Thrain stepped forward as Josh and Lauren stepped back "Thrain and Delilah Hawkins, Beta couple to Alpha Bowers, Delilah is ill at the moment so couldn't be here"

Thrain stepped back and finally it was time, I could feel everyone's eyes on me, wondering who I am and why I wasn't introduced as the Beta female.

I stepped forward and held my head high, I can't show weakness or they will never accept me.

"And finally, the woman of the night. Alpha Alyssa Bowers" It was so silent, you could hear the crickets in the woods. Julius and Alexis started clapping, my pack joining in but everyone else stayed silent.

I could see anger and disbelief on their faces, they couldn't believe that their King would allow a female to become an Alpha. It didn't take long before voices were shouting at the King.

"She's a woman!" No shit

"She can't be an Alpha!" Yes I can

"Women can't lead as well as men!" Bullshit

"This is bullshit, she can't lead, she is a Luna. Her mate is the real Alpha" I'm going to bitch slap him

"ENOUGH" The King's voice boomed out and everyone's head including mine, bowed from the power behind the command.

"Alpha Bowers is as entitled as any of you Alpha's to the Alpha position. She comes from a long line of respected and powerful Alpha's, she has the dominant Alpha gene. Her Beta, comes from a long line of respected Beta's. Their parents held the same positions before them. I'm sure Alpha Bowers will willingly show you how strong of an Alpha she really is. No takers? Didn't think so" King Julius clapped his hands once "Now, back to the party. Enjoy yourselves"

Everyone walked away from the stage, muttering how unconventional this all is. I turned to my Beta and Gamma, and gave them wide smiles.

"Well, some excitement to start the night hey"

Josh shook his head "You were hoping for a fight weren't you?"

I smiled wider but it quickly dimmed when I saw the glare on Lauren's face "No, never. I would never wish for a fight"

I so wanted a fight to break out, I wanted to punch those sexist Alphas right in the face and make them eat their words.