Chapter Three

Three days into our journey and we were almost there, we were all tired, hungry and terribly smelly. We should arrive at the castle just after sunset. I was at the front with Thrain flanking me, our warriors were on each of our flanks so we were covered on all sides.

We stopped for a quick break at a little stream, it was beautiful. Birds chirped and the small bubble of the water from the stream was soothing enough to almost send me to sleep while I ate. I shook myself awake and finished my lunch, I figured going for a quick swim would wake me up enough to continue, plus I didn't want to turn up at the castle looking like I had been dragged through the forest.

I quickly shucked my clothes, leaving me in my bra and undies and jumped into the stream. The water was refreshing on my skin, I went below the water and just let my mind drift to what we will be walking into at the palace. I heard that the King - Julius - was a very stern man and didn't take too kindly to rogues, I'm not sure what will happen when he finds out that I have a whole pack of rogues. I heard a splash and let my head come above water only to see three very toned men standing in the stream with water droplets running down their bodies.

I know we all have mates out there somewhere and we will eventually meet them, but I can appreciate what's in front of me. Thrain was the black sheep in his family, he had Greek heritage and it showed, his black curls hung down to his ears and his green eyes just drew you in. His jaw was strong and sharp and he always had a little stubble, he didn't like shaving but he looked ridiculous with a beard. His skin is a beautiful golden colour, like maple syrup, I was always jealous of his skin colour. He is also super toned, but not built up to much, nice and lean.

Now, Tom and Eric are built like tanks, they train every day and if they aren't training then they are in the gym. They both have biceps larger than my head and abs like a washboard. Tom was a blonde surfer type dude, his shaggy hair hung down his shoulders and his nose had defiantly been broken before. His blue eyes are always full of mischief and he always has a smile on his face.

Eric has his red hair in a buzz cut, said it keeps it out of the way. His skin is pale and he has freckles everywhere, I asked him once if I could play connect the dots and he almost tackled me. Lesson learnt. Eric's green eyes were full of kindness and I knew I could always count on him to help if needed.

"God, no need to show off boys" I pushed my hair out of my face and smiled at them

"You know you could put all of us on our asses Alpha"

We all laughed at Tom as he pouted, it was true, I had fought each and every warrior in our pack and not one has ever put me on my ass. Actually, no one has ever been able to put me on my ass. I am eagerly awaiting the day that happens because it is good to be humbled once in awhile.

"Maybe you should train a little bit more and you could put me down" I replied

"That will never happen and you know it" Thrain splashed me which started an all out splash war. We played around in the water for a bit before we got out. We had to get going again.

"Thrain, do you think that family will be alright?" I pulled my clothes on and turned around.

Yesterday, we met a family of wolves who had abandoned their pack, their Alpha wouldn't allow their daughter to travel to other packs to find her mate so they left in the middle of the night. We came across them late last night, they were looking terrible, their clothes hung on their bodies and the little boy looked extremely sick and weak. I don't think they would survived much longer out here by themselves.

I called my border patrols and told them to be on the look out for the family and to make sure they are treated with respect and to make sure they are taken care of. We don't have a pack doctor at the moment but they will be taken care of as best as they can.

"They will be fine, they just need some good food and a comfy place to sleep. They have been through alot lately"

I smiled and we all transformed into our wolves. We got into position and back to our route to the palace.

**

We arrived at the palace just after sundown, hungry, exhausted and in need of a shower. We transformed into our human forms as the palace guards came into view. They greeted us like we were the shit on their shoes.

"What do you rogues want?" The taller of the two said.

I almost rolled my eyes "We have an appointment to see the King in the morning"

The shorter guard snorted "We weren't talking to you bitch"

I had to hold back a vicious growl and I knew the boys were doing the same. Bitch in this context wasn't used as an insult, it was used as another word for female wolf. Our world was still stuck in the fucking mid century. I decided to let Thrain take over because I am sure I would tear their throats out.

"We have an appointment with the King in the morning, Bowers and company" Thrain's voice was strained and I knew he was having trouble holding his wolf back.

The tall guards eyes glazed over before he nodded at us and let us through, letting us know that a servant would meet us to show us to our rooms.

We headed in the direction of the palace and I took deep calming breaths to make sure I didn't get too angry. I had to remind my wolf that they didn't know I was an Alpha and that they meant no disrespect, but I was having trouble because my human side is feeling angry as well.

The palace came into view a few minutes later and it was breathtaking, the large building was at least a few centuries old. Vines wound around the columns at the entrance, a beautiful fountain with a wolf in the centre was sitting in the driveway. Stairs led up to the large oak front doors and standing in front of the doors was a frail looking old man with his hands behind his back.

He beckoned us forward and through the door, we didn't have time to admire the beauty of the inside as he took off down a hallway then up some stairs, down another hallway, then down another before coming to a stop in front of a door.

"This is the ladies room, breakfast is at 7am sharp. The King will see you in the throne room after you have finished. I will have someone fetch you in the morning for breakfast" He gave a little bow and motioned for the boys to follow him.

I said goodnight to the boys and went into the room. The room is beautiful, a bit luxurious for my tastes but I wouldn't complain right now.

The large bed sat in the middle of the room with the back of the bed facing the door so you could see the view when you woke in the morning through the large windows. Two doors on the left side of the room were quite self explanatory, bathroom and closet. On the right side of the room was a small desk, and a lounge facing a T.V.

I dropped my bag on the bed and rummaged through it for my pajamas, I took my nice clothes out for tomorrow so they could hopefully un crinkle in time. I grabbed my pajamas and went over to the doors, hoping I picked the right door. I opened the one I stood in front of and almost yelled out in satisfaction that I picked the bathroom door first.

I jumped into the shower once it was warm and let the water ease my sore and tired muscles and just relax my mind. I washed myself and my hair then got out and got dressed into my pajamas.

I walked back out to see that someone had delivered a tray of food and that they had taken my clothes with them. Glad that my outfit will be nice and crinkle free, I picked the tray up and sat on the lounge to watch some T.V. I haven't watched T.V. in quite some time. I picked a reality show and dug into my food, my stomach rumbling.

I could feel myself dozing off, so I put the tray of dirty dishes on the desk and face planted on the bed, I haven't slept in a proper bed in forever so as soon as my head hit the pillow I was asleep. 

Hey guys! Short-ish chapter today.

What do you think will happen when she meets the King in the morning? 

Leave a comment and tell me what you think of this chapter!

Pippa x