Chapter30

Hey everyone! 

Here's another chapter! I hope you enjoy :)

-Pippa

Entering the kitchen, I saw Brooke. She was scrubbing the benches while a plate of pancakes and waffles sat off to the side. I leant against the door frame and watched her for a while. I know she hasn't found her mate yet, but that's because she hasn't gone out to try and find him, she says she doesn't need him but just watching her now, I can see she needs someone to support her. Marty's kidnapping was hard on me but it was hard on Brooke as well, she sees him as a little brother.

Looking closer at her, I noticed the black rings around her eyes, her hair is a mess and her eyes bloodshot.

"You know you don't have to cook breakfast for us right?"

Brooke jumped and turned her head towards me, she attempted a smile but I could see the pain behind it "I have to keep myself busy because I don't know what else to do"

I smiled at her but didn't say anything else, if I wasn't planning the rescue of him, I would be doing the same thing. I walked over to the plate of pancakes and grabbed a few, setting them on a new plate and settling myself on a stool.

I was midway through my breakfast when Damien walked in looking sexy as hell, his hair was starting to grow back and it was looking all shaggy and still wet from the shower. He sent me a sexy smile and a wink before walking over to the pancake plate.

"These look great, thanks Brooke" He grabbed a few and came to sit next to me "You ready for the meeting today?"

"Yeah, I'm a bit nervous but I know everyone will be excited"

Today we are having a pack meeting to go over the plan to get Marty back. It's been a few days since the ceremony and we have gathered some vital information so we have everything we need to get him back, we just have to relay the information to the pack.

I finished my breakfast, put my plate in the sink and made my way outside while I waited for Damien to finish. We are meeting with the Beta's and Gamma's this morning before the pack meeting just to go over some things.

I sat down on the porch swing and just watched the pack go about their business. A smile crept onto my face when I saw the kids from the orphanage playing tag, they ran past me with shouts of 'morning Alpha' behind them. I know most of them will be finding families soon, but for now, they seem to be quite happy with having Louise watching over them.

Watching the kids run around and have fun, I felt a pang in my heart. I frowned and shifted, trying to ease the ache but it was getting worse. I closed my eyes and focused on the pain to see if I could figure out where it was coming from.

My eyes shot open when I recognized the feeling, Marty was in trouble. I could feel it, my wolf started to become agitated but I was able to keep her in check. I called out to Damien and he came straight away.

"What's wrong?"

"I think something is wrong with Marty, I can feel an ache in my heart"

"Of course you will love, you miss him"

"No, I mean I can feel a really bad pain in my chest and I think it's Marty. I want to try and mind link him"

"But we don't know how far away he is, you and I both know that mind link doesn't work that far away"

"I know, but I'm hoping with our strong bond, I will be able to talk to him. He must be so terrified"

"Well, I can't stop you from trying"