Chapter 28

So before we begin this chapter, I wanted to take some time to thank some people. 

For the past 2 weeks or so, this story has been gaining a fair amount of traction and I am immensely thankful to each and everyone of my new readers.

So for the remaining chapters of this story, I will be dedicating each chapter to whoever has voted or commented or added the story to their reading lists :) 

For this chapter's dedications:

emma_fran

veronicaajehi

Oreo_Rainbow_

ChinitaFayeChiong

Alswell18

zamamaduna

freshblizz

ZyrellMedenillaAzcar

123leoni

Noelleoranje

Thank you guys so much for adding Blood Alpha to your reading lists, and for voting :) It means a lot to me.

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! It is only a short chapter this time, I didn't want to drag this part on.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Now, you keep me updated on everything okay?" Lex hugged me tightly, I could see her eyes tearing up.

"I will, don't you worry. Take care of Rosie for Marty" 

Lex chuckled, she knew everything that Alice had told us and she had already promised to look after Marty when he moved into the palace. 

We separated and Julius took her place, we kept the goodbyes short. We knew it wouldn't be long before we saw each other again. 

Damien wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my temple. 

"We all ready to go?" 

"Yup, is Marty ready?"

Damien nodded "He's all buckled in"

"Alright, well time to go" I gave Lex another hug and then climbed into the passenger seat. 

Turning around in my seat, Marty was sat in the same place with Tom behind me this time, with Lyle again behind Damien. Tom was handing Marty different coloured pencils while Lyle was holding the finished pictures. 
I had to stifle my giggle, all three looked so serious about the colouring. I was ecstatic that Marty had taken to the very serious Lyle and that Lyle was indulging the 3 year old. 

*****************

We were only three hours away from home when I heard screaming. My ears perked up  and I sat straight in my seat. Lyle and Tom noticed my behaviour and became alert. 

"Damien, stop the car"

Immediately the car came to a stop and he looked over at me, I stretched my senses out and heard the screaming again. It sounded like a young girl.

"What's wrong?" Damien asked

"Can you hear that?"

Damien stretched his senses as far as they could go and then he stiffened, looking over at me, he nodded. He knew we had to go and check it out, there could be anything out there and we weren't too far from our territory. We couldn't risk anything harming the pack. 

I didn't like the idea of leaving Marty here without us, but I reasoned that he has guards, some fantastic guards at that. Plus as Alpha's, it is our responsibility to check it out, we couldn't risk taking Marty just incase there are feral rogues and it turns into a fight.