Chapter Five

Sorry about the long wait! I had trouble putting my thoughts into words with this chapter. 

Kind of a shortish chapter today but I will try and get the next one up soon. 

I watch as the Seer left the King's office, I am still trying to wrap my mind around everything that she had told me. I still can't believe it, why would the moon goddess choose me of all people. I try not to dwell on it too much for now, I'm meeting her for brunch tomorrow so she can tell me more. It's crazy that I only came here to register my pack and now I'm leaving with more knowledge about who I am than I thought possible.

It was a lot to take in, but it all kind of made sense to me as well. I always wondered why the wolves we found felt like spilling their life stories to me, now it all made sense, they felt safe with me and like I will protect them. I mean I will protect any of my pack members with my life so they don't have to worry about that.

Thrain nudged my arm and I shook my thoughts out, I saw the King gesturing for us to take the seats in front of his desk instead of the couch. Time to do what we came here to do.

We got right down to business, a doctor came in to draw my blood, to make sure my claim to Alpha was legitimate. When the doctor left, the King pulled out a stack of forms and started filling them in, passing them to me to fill in my part.

We are now bent over a large map to sort out the territory. I already knew that I didn't want to move the pack, I wanted to stay where we are now.

"Where are you settled now?" The Queen asked

I looked at the map closely, all the different territories were outlined with their names in the middle. I looked for the Silver Thunder Pack and saw that they have the largest territory.

"Just here, about an hours run from the Silver Thunder Pack" I pointed to the area without any names or outlines.

"You're near them? Have they caused any trouble? Has anyone been hurt?" The Queen put a hand over her tummy while the King rubbed her back

"No, my Queen. They were understandably wary when we first arrived but I make sure none of my wolves wander to far near their borders"

"Thank god, and please Alyssa, call me Alexis and this one, Julius" She patted the King's back and he growled at her.

"Lexi, we are royals. Our subjects don't call us by our names"

"Oh hush love, Alyssa and I are going to be best friends, I can tell"

I giggled watching their interaction, you can see they love each other fiercely because the King just shook his head with a small smile on his face and went back to looking at the map. I looked at Alexis and she winked at me and sat in the nice large chair behind the desk, a look of relief took over her face. Im sure she is feeling quite sore.

"So, back to this. Is that where you would like to stay? It is unclaimed land and I can't imagine moving everyone when you have been there so long"

"That would be fantastic. It would prove difficult to move over 200 wolves"

Alexis gasped and Julius looked up sharply. Oops. They didn't look happy.

"You have 200 wolves in your care? Why didn't you come forward sooner?" King Julius' eyes were turning black, meaning his wolf was close to the surface. I had to hurry and explain.

"Im very sorry your highness, I just found out that I could register a pack a few days ago and I came here straight away. I lost my parents when I was young so I don't know much about official Alpha business" I hung my head in shame, I didn't want to see the looks in their eyes.