Chapter 25

We finally made it down to the private dining room where everyone was no doubt waiting for us. The two guards standing outside bowed their heads and opened the large double doors. My eyes quickly scanned the room, the large dining table was in the middle of the room, everyone seated around it, Marty's high chair was sitting to the right of one end of it, while Alexis and Julius sat at the opposite end. Both the head of the table.

To the left of the doors was a small sitting area, two plump couches stood opposite each other with a glass coffee table between them. A very large and comfortable looking armchair sat in front of the coffee table.

At one end of the table, Lex and Julius were talking to Tom and Eric, Marty sitting on Eric's lap while he coloured. He has come so far in the short time he has been with us, just a few months ago, he hated touching other people.

Lex looked up and a wide smile took over her face.

"Lyssy!" She ran over and threw her arms around my neck.

"Lex" I laughed "I missed you so much" I hugged her tightly back.

"Not as much as I missed you hun. Do you know how boring it gets around here?"

I looked over at Julius to see his eyebrows pulled down and a frown on his lips "I think you've hurt your mates feelings there Lex"

She turned around and laughed at his face "He knows I love him"

"Well, now that we are all here. I would like to formally introduce Alpha Damien Shaw of the Silver Thunder pack and my mate"

Lex held out her hand and Damien shook it before bowing at the waist.

"Your highness. It's a pleasure to meet you"

Lex smiled as Julius stepped behind her and kissed her temple. "It's my pleasure Damien, I hear you are taking good care of my bestie"

Damien nodded and gave me a shocked look. Ah, now he believes me about being best friends with the Queen. I shook my head in amusement while Damien turned to Julius and bowed.

"Your highness. It's been a long time"

I looked back up in shock, they knew each other?

"Damien. It's been too long. I hope you've been well. I also see you didn't believe Alyssa about being best friends with Alexis here" A small smile graced his lips.

"I did not believe her. But now I see I was quite wrong in my thinking"

I couldn't hold my tongue anymore "How do you guys know each other?"

Damien chuckled and wrapped his arm around my waist. "Julius and I go way back. We almost grew up together in the same pack, he was the Beta's son and a few years younger than me. We lost track when I left my father's pack to search for my mate, I just never returned"

Well shit. Who would have thought that my mate and my best friends mate would have known each other, this also means-

"Lex, you didn't tell me you also have a sugar daddy" I looked at her with a sly grin.

Loud laughter rang around the room, two 'heys' sounded out from beside me and I chuckled. Julius shook his head and motioned for us to sit down. After waiting for Lex and Julius to sit, Damien and I sat then the warriors.

"Hey Lys. Was that extremely loud and scary growl you?"

I felt a blush cover my cheeks, I knew people had heard. "Um, yeah. I lost control a bit. That's why we were slightly late"

Lex smiled at my blush "Well, you scared basically the entire palace. Except for one of the cooks, he tried to run toward the mighty roar of the Blood Alpha. What made you lose control anyway? Your usually so in control"