Chapter Two

It's been two years since we left the Vicious Peak Pack and it has been hard. Don't get me wrong, I love being an Alpha and looking after my pack, but before we settled in one spot, we had to keep moving. It was tough on everyone, but finally we found a piece of unclaimed territory and we have settled here. We keep to ourselves and make sure we don't cause any trouble for the neighbouring packs.

It can be tough though, our once little pack has grown to around 200 wolves, all rogues or lone wolves. If we come across anyone and they want to join we will let them. We wolves are social creatures and crave the company of other wolves so to be isolated is very hard on us. Most rogues aren't cruel or bad, don't get me wrong, there are horrible ones out there but most of them have had their packs attacked - like my parents - or they have been banished for something silly.

For example, we have a couple who ran away because the girl's father didn't want her to be mates with him because he wasn't a high ranked wolf. They are extremely happy together.

We have an Alpha's son with us who was banished by his father because he is gay, we don't judge anyone and as long as you haven't killed anyone intentionally or on purpose then you can join us.

Right now, our camp is about an hours run from the Silver Thunder Pack. They know we are here, when we first arrived, the Beta and the warriors tried to run us off. Thrain handled it and assured them we weren't here to cause any trouble, we just wanted to settle down in peace. For the first few months, they upped their border patrols but I think they realized we weren't trouble so they don't bother us much anymore. The Alpha doesn't like rogues near his territory but as we are on unclaimed land, he can't do much, which is what Thrain told the Beta.

Our little camp is amazing, the main section is in a large clearing, it's where we eat, train and have meetings. The sleeping tents are scattered around the outskirts, mine is in the middle so I am always near if something goes wrong.

Right now, we are all sitting around the fires, eating and dancing. It's a joyous occasion for one of our warriors has found his mate. She hasn't told me why she was running yet, but from the looks of her, it was pretty bad. Everyone is enjoying themselves, the kids were running around chasing each other with bursts of laughter ringing out, the teenagers were dancing all over each other with their parents looking on in horror. I couldn't help but chuckle, they were the same at their age.

My heart squeezed at the thought of any harm coming to my pack, I know as rogues, that anything can happen, we can have an angry Alpha on our tails at any time. We train hard, even the children do some kind of training so we won't be unprepared. I won't have any of my pack defenseless. I just wish I could give them a proper home.

I felt a presence sit beside me, from the scent, I could tell it was Thrain.

"Alpha, what are you thinking about?" He nudged my arm

I sighed, I never could hide anything from him, he knew me too well. I put my forgotten plate down and turned to him.

"I was just thinking about how I wish I could give everyone a proper home. Somewhere they can go at night and sleep on beds, not just sleeping bags. I'm a terrible Alpha" I could feel my throat getting tight.

Thrain looked at me with anger,he grabbed my hand tightly "Alyssa, you listen to me. You're a fantastic Alpha, you keep everyone as safe as you can by running training and just being yourself and by caring about them. These people follow you because you make them feel safe and because they are loyal to you. You have given them a home, somewhere they can be safe with their friends, their family and their loved ones"