thirty

THIRTY

OUT FOR BLOOD

OUT FOR BLOOD

The private session's were well underway, Talia was next to face the gamemakers, and she had no plans on doing anything special. After all, it was simply a display of power, to get her a few desirable citizens when all the other Victor's were also the Capitol's favourites.

"Talia Riverthorn, District 4," The automated voice calls out. Talia gets up and heads for the elevator. She steps inside and glances back to see Peeta sending her a warm smile. She doesn't have time to return the gesture.

The doors open and she walks out into the training centre, the Gamemakers up in their now shielded room, all of them eating and drinking except one, who was sat in an armchair, watching her closely. His eyes followed her as she approached the trident stand, her fingers run over the metal and she picks up the pure black weapon. She swings it round and looks at the dummy the furthest away. She tilts it back on her shoulder and aims it like a javelin. She breathes out and throws the weapon across the room, landing it in the head of the dummy. Nothing comes from the game makers room.

She stalks across the hall and collects the trident from the dummy, flicks the weapon in her hands and moves back towards the centre of the room. She sees the paints on the side and grabs the red, throwing it across the floor.

"This tin of red paint is a drop in the ocean compared to the blood the President has actually spilled, but it might make up for a couple of the Victor's we'll lose in these games," Talia says, she throws the trident into the fresh pool of paint, "But I will not be one of them,"

She meets the eyes of the gamemaker sat in the centre, he must have been the head gamemaker for this year, he simply keeps his eyes on her, watching as she bowed before them, before leaving.

Talia Riverthorn reached the District 4 floor within a minute and upon entering the entire team turned to face her. She met all of their eyes, wondering who might ask her something first. It was Coral.

"How did it go?"

"Easy as anything," Talia sighs, shrugging lightly, "Trident and net skills, just like we agreed,"

The girl shakes out her ponytail before entering her bedroom, where she changes into something else and then flops onto her bed. Sleep overcomes her soon enough, and she sleeps until Coral comes to shake her awake.

"The results are on,"

"Perfect," Talia says, following Coral into the sitting room, she sits herself down beside Finnick, who sent her a small smile.

Caesar Flickerman appears on screen and starts up the results, the first three districts pass by with high scores.

"Finnick Odair from District 4, what a legend we have here for these games," Caesar smiles, "He scored an impressive 11,"