six

SIX

FOR THE CAPITOL

FOR THE CAPITOL

The Opening Ceremony was a mere hour away, and as Talia sat in front of the mirror, Zetta and Fava working hard to perfect her silver and torquoise makeup, her dark blonde hair had been braided, silver streams entwined throughout it and a silver tiara was resting atop her head, decorated with pearls. Her skin had be sprayed with glitter, so she shon under the lights of the dressing room, and Zetta assured her that she would shine under the stadium lights tonight. Her neck was left bare apart from her father's pearl necklace and finally, Aldar returned with the outfit for the ceremony. A pearl coloured skin tight suit and a pair of knee high boots of the same colour with a wedge heel. Talia's lips fall apart at the sight of it and she glances from Aldar to Zetta and Fava who are grinning at the sight of the outfit.

"That looks...Tight..." Talia comments and Aldar nods.

"Its perfect, streamlined, like the fish of the ocean," Aldar smiles and Talia nods, kind of getting it.

Aldar helps her dress, the suit is strapless, but fits tight to her figure, and her small chest makes that easier, the boots make her taller, so she'll only be about an inch shorter than Ethan rather than 4. Her arms are decorated with stick on pearls, all of them real. Her nails are painted blue, the same shade as her stylists and pieces of coral are placed on the ring fingers of each hand. She looks at herself in the mirror and lets out a deep sigh.

"I'm really not sure about this," Talia says and Aldar places a hand on her lower back.

"You look like the most beautiful woman in the world," He says and Talia's lips tug into a small smile.

"I can't believe that," She laughs and Aldar shakes his head.

"You will when you hear the cheers," He says, "We have to go,"

Talia nods, stepping away from the mirror and following Aldar, Zetta and Fava out of the dressing room and along the corridors to reach the large hall where all the chariots were awaiting. The other tributes are all there, dressed in their costumes.

Ethan stands in an outfit that matches Talia's but his chest is exposed to the world and decorated as her arms are- in pearls, but he also has fishing net across his trousers and seaweed around his arms too. Talia smirks at the sight, they were the things Aldar had wanted to avoid with her costume, and he had done as he promised- she was completely unique.

Behind her, she hears a whistle and she looks over her shoulder to see the District 6 male smirking at her. She glares towards him, but his smirk remains.

"Talia,"

The girl jumps, head whipping round to see Finnick, she nearly falls over, but his hands grab her elbows to steady her.