Chapter Thirty-Three

"Alrighty," Engie started, clapping his hands together. "The Engineering class is all about building, well, buildings ya see. They come in the form of these here toolboxes."

You nodded in understanding, letting him continue.

"You can construct them using metal in the supply boxes, which look like this on the battleground," he explained while pulling out a tan, wooden box with a symbol on the top.

The symbol consisted of three bullets in a circle. He opened the box and showed you its contents. It was a mix of different ammo for each class. Engie pulled out scraps of metal and showed them to you.

"This is what the metal looks like," Engie introduced it to you. He let you study the metal before taking it away. He pulled out a blocky device. It looked like an old remote controller's baby with a cellphone. He showed you the screen. It had four boxes labeled from one to four under them. The boxes had a name of something and a little wrench sign next to a number.

These boxes were labeled, from left to right: "Sentry Gun: 130, Dispenser: 100, Entrance: 125, Exit: 125." So I'm guessing the number there is how much metal it takes to build whatever that building is. Then maybe the numbers under the boxes mean to push that button on the device to get that machine? I think...?

"As you can see here, it lets you pick a building there with the numbers. Then it shows you how much metal ya need to build it next to the gear icon. Now, you can see a building, the first one there, has already been made, because the box lights up blue with a picture of it inside. This little red bar over here to the left shows the condition, or health of your building. Right now my building, the sentry, has low health," Engie explained in the best way he could, which you could understand for the most part, you hoped.

"Um, where is your sentry?" You asked, looking up to meet eyes with Engie. He smiled.

"Well, it's right here," he gestured to the toolbox on the ground.

"It is?" You shook your head slightly in disbelief, shocked. How in the world...?

"I'm being serious. Here," he handed you exactly 130 metal. "Try building the dispenser, number two."

"O-okay...," you mumbled, pulling out your own remote. You pushed in number two and a giant toolbox appeared into your arms. Immediately you had to squat down to keep from falling butt-first onto the floor. It was heavy. Granted, not as heavy as Patricia, but heavy enough for your arms to literally start to burn in pain.

Quickly, you set it down with the dispenser's back to the barrier. Ow, ow, okay Wait a second, where's Medic? Usually he's here being a creep to "make sure I won't get hurt." Okay, well he had to do that one time because the stupid rocky ground was rocky with my ankle, but-

You snapped out of it. It doesn't matter if he's here or not. In fact, be grateful for it. You don't have to feel him staring at the back of your head today. Actually, I hope he doesn't even talk to me for the rest of the day unless I'm actually dying. Anyway...

You turned back to Engie, who was waiting patiently despite pointing out earlier that you were in a time crunch.

"Uh, now what do I do to... build it?" You asked, turning back to him sheepishly with an awkward, apologetic smile.

"Hit it with your wrench, the one on your belt."

"Wait, hit the machine?"

"Yeah, take a swing at it."

"Wouldn't that hurt the dispenser?"

"Trust me, I'm an Engineer. Whack it with the wrench."

"You told me to build first just to say that, didn't you?"