Seventeen

Chapter seventeen

Loved at first sight

Amal

His one word coupled with the sweet photo in front of me and I suddenly felt like weeping!

Afraid that if I raise my head and really take a look at him, I would truly break down, I just...remained deathly silent. Like I was scared to acknowledge this one word that seems to say a lot.

A lot..but it's unfair! He has no right to sound so accusing!

What really scares me though, is that he doesn't remember me. If he gave me this picture just because he is confused and he's here to interrogate me..then..

"I realize... A big chunk of my memory is gone. And then I finally dug up that photo.." He stated it in a bored fashion. But I know he's not really bored. He's acting tough in a really scary situation! But I didn't interrupt him. I want to hear his perspective.

"Iya was supposed to have died with you. If I truly believed you died, I wouldn't forget you. So the only logical explanation I have right now is that minaa, you are Amal. Amina Nasir Dankano" he paused. I could feel his eyes boring into me.

"The fact that I fell in love with you at first sight means the feelings weren't new. They were buried and when I saw you, my heart recognized you. My mind was just blank. So, that would only mean that the reason I had to forget you is because I must've doted upon you so much that it became threatening to some people. If your assassination failed, then the chances of success will go down again the second time. So someone resorted to this petty trick to keep you out of the picture" he sounded confident.

Fell in love with me at first sight...

A cold air blew into the pores of my skin, making me shiver in delight. My heart feels strange, like I couldn't decipher his words as well as I should. Does this mean that..he's in love with me?

Poor insignificant Amal?

Little momma of Kano Nigeria?!

Suddenly, I wanted to laugh so hard I would seem like a complete lunatic. A weird smile covered my face and for the life of me, despite how much I loved to hear him talk, I could not understand what he said after. I could not concentrate. It's too surreal..

"Are you always this strange?" He asked, snapping me out of my daze.

I finally looked up at him. A beaming smile bloomed all over my face and I stared at him with so much love and affection that I saw the exact time he started to feel really uncomfortable.

"What's wrong with you?" He inquired suspiciously.

I soaked in his perfect features thanking Allah for finally making him mine! I stared at his eyes, soaking in their tired quality, his nose, his mouth and then I couldn't help but linger there for a bit..

I remember his kisses too. Much too vivid. I feel a shocking thirst for them, a sort of fierce yearning went through me and an impulsive part of my heart screamed at me to try giving him a kiss. Not that I'm dirty minded or anything. But he just gave me some juicy news and I should reward him right? Shouldn't I revive his lessons and show him how good of a memory I do have? Oh the good part is he wouldn't remember. He wouldn't know how much he likes kissing me. At this point when he couldn't remember me as his wife, wouldn't it be priceless if I should shock him too? I desperately wanted to kiss him. So bad I'm beginning to justify my actions...

And then I looked at his eyes again, trying to gauge his reaction.

I feel very assured when I saw the smoky hue of his gaze. Good. I've piqued his interest..