Chapter 38

***choices***

Anonymous

I did not let either Zakir or Shaheed know that I am in Nigeria. What I am about to do is what people call betrayal.

But Saif betrayed me first.

I still feel a little apprehensive of what I am about to do. But never mind. You can't bring back the hand of a clock. The bell of destiny has strung and a guy's got to do what a guy's got to do.

I am not completely evil though. I needed a lot of money to help my mother get well soon. My brother is also in trouble and I am the only one they have. And my wife will definitely leave me if she realizes that I am not as rich as I made her believe. So, I needed to make a lot of money in a very short time. Betraying Saif surprisingly brings a shitload of cash. His pursuers are definitely desperate to have him by the nook.

Not my problem.

Saif is very trusting with his friends. But these days, I can sense it changing little by little. For instance, when he was rumored to be hospitalized, he made sure not one of us can contact him. Though when he wanted to, he called us on his own. When I tried calling back, it still wouldn't go through. But this morning, when I called, it went through immediately. It makes me believe that for security reasons, he is taking a lot of measures.

My only work is to draw Amal out of the area that has the maximum security. Then I should pretend to be protecting her when they chased after us. After I have led her to a secluded area, I would pretend to be shot and then I would pretend to lose consciousness. She would then be taken away for the next phase of the plan.

Simple, right?

She made it too easy when she sneaked out with a slim woman of fair color. Actually, I wouldn't have seen her if I wasn't so curious about where I had seen the woman before. It nagged at me and I stopped to try and remember where I have seen her before.

It was a long way from Amal's little house. They parked the car. Then the woman brought out a huge bag from the boot with the help of a person that looked much like her. I'm assuming he is her brother.

Amal is the one hidden inside the bag!

I knew if they drove off, I will have a problem because Amal would be gone somewhere not according to the plan. So I went to them.

All three gave me surprised looks. I can see they were afraid that I was sent by Saif. This is definitely my chance so I said "Amal! What are you doing here? What is going on?" I demanded.

She gave me a determined look before saying "it's nice to see you again. But I'm a little busy so bye" she quickly went to enter the car.

I pretended to be calling Saif as I put my phone on my ear saying "hello, is this Saif?" It's all a bluff since I know they are about to do something they don't want him to know about! They look guilty as sin!

The woman I didn't know said "are you Saif's friend?" I nodded, pretending to put the phone on hold.

"Please tell him that the marriage was not the real threat!" After saying that, she too tried to enter the car but I stopped the driver before he could.

"You aren't going anywhere until you tell me where you are taking her" I challenged.

The boy looked from me to Amal before saying "she is my sister's daughter in law. We aren't going to hurt her"

There was a blasting shot at that exact time making me feel relieved that at least those fools realized that I need help!

I used the opportunity to get in the driver's seat. I waved frantically for the boy to get in the front while I drove. A tinted black car trailed us but I drove at high speed trying to get away.