Vs. the Monster

“Man! Why the heck do we have to go to the outskirts of town in the middle of the afternoon?! The sun’s streaking up so high!” Kagami complained as the rest of them followed the Kuroko siblings.

“Nobody told you to follow” Tetsuya told him, popping a vein at his head.

“What did you say?!” Kagami grabbed him by the collar and receive a slap from Emiko. “Please let go of my brother” she requested, giving him a look.

He flinched and released his grip on Tetsuya’s shirt huffing afterwards then continued to walk. They reached an old street and saw a street court just near it, discovering Aomine running laps while Tsukiko yelled at him.

“Faster! Faster!” Tsukiko shouted, cupping her mouth as Aomine picked up his pace and ran faster.

“Tsukiko-san” Emiko approached her. “Oh, Emiko, and Tetsuya and the others too huh?” Tsukiko glanced at the back seeing her friends had all arrived. “I told you that we’d be going home a bit late didn’t i? I didn’t tell you to bring them here”

“But they insisted on coming” Emiko reasoned and heard mumbling that came from Kagami. “Well except for him who had no choice but to tag along”

“I see” Tsukiko put her hands on her hips. “Well if he really is a basketball freak, then he wouldn’t regret not missing this battle…”

“What are you talking about?”

“Oh, Emiko, Tetsuya” Tsukiko called her two cousins as her half-brother had approached them with a cocky but serious look on his face. “Say hello to your long unseen cousin, Takuya Satoshi…”

Emiko and Tetsuya widened their eyes in shock that their cousin who they haven’t seen in five years is now standing in front of them. “Yo” Takuya greeted them with a cold tone giving shivers down their spine. “And this jerk here is going head to head against, my Aomine!” Tsukiko announced cheerfully, completely not aware that it sounds like she picked Aomine over her half-brother.

“Tch, better add that I’m going to beat the hell out of him” Takuya hissed and walked away with a cold stare. Tsukiko glared back, not liking his new attitude. She didn’t know why he was like that. But she thought someone would need to teach him a lesson. “Alright! Let’s start! Aomine!”

“Tch, fine!”

“Tsukiko-san, are you sure this is a good idea?” Emiko was skeptical of the idea of her, senpai and cousin head to head on a basketball one-on-one.

Tsukiko smiled carelessly. “It’s fine, it’s not like it matters whoever wins, right? Besides…” she beamed. “I think it’s been a while since Takuya battle against a player like Aomine” Emiko gave her a questioning look. “What does that mean?” she asked but her cousin just returned a chuckle.

“Aomine’s the type of guy who doesn’t give up easily and get excited whenever he discovers someone stronger than him. It’s obvious isn’t it? When he met me and learned about my skills, he never stopped in challenging me. I think that’s the kind of player Takuya was looking for, and didn’t manage to find one until now that is…”

“Right” Emiko nodded. “In your dictionary, he’s a synonym of Kagami” Tsukiko pointed out with a joking smile making Emiko’s face blush madly. The monster player restrained her laugh, by covering her mouth. ‘Oh Emiko, you do like him’

“All right! A battle between, Satoshi Takuya and Aomine Daiki is about to begin!”

“Oi, blonde boy this ain’t official, no need for that” Tsukiko sneered at Jeremy who flinched and jumped away from her. “Eh, sorry about that, Tsukiko! ~”