20: Prince Charming

The four of them went back to the training camp to be greeted by victory on their first ever game in the International Tournament. Tsukiko's jaw almost broke because of the grin she couldn't stop. She hugged every single one of the players who had done it even though she wasn't close to many of them. 

Their exhaustions and pains were gone when the whole team came to congratulate them. Tsukiko smiled at the group hug the guy players were having and was surprised when Emiko appeared beside her. She flinched and sighed looking over at her cousin. 

"Oi Emiko..." she called the bluenette. 

"What is it, Tsukiko-san?" Emiko asked, tilting her head to the side. 

"Well, so, after this victory, what's the next country we'll be playing against?" Tsukiko responded with a question. Emiko thought for a moment and looked at the hallway then back at Tsukiko.

 "Gomen, I don't memorize the games, it's in my folder but left it at the room," Emiko replied, bowing. 

"Oh I see... that's okay..." Tsukiko smiled. "Hm, I guess I just have to ask Aya since she's the Rakuzan manager," Emiko nodded.

"Tsukaiju! Our team won!" Aomine grinned at her.

Her eye twitched. "Stop calling me 'Tsukaiju'," she sneered and walked away. She looked rather irritated when he called her that.

"What's wrong with her?" Aomine wondered.

'Why am I always called a monster?! I'm not!'

After that night, Tsukiko was became silent and didn't speak to anyone. Aomine noticed that she was thinking deeply despite her usual hyper attitude. She started changing and took it easy during practice. He didn't like it. Plus, she never accepted his challenges again.

After another successful game against an opponent of their the players ate dinner and went back to sleep in an early hour; majority is because the players who played at the game earlier and needed to build their strength for tomorrow's training.

 Except Tsukiko who's still wide awake and was staring at the bed above her. 'We've already had another victory today, I wonder if we'd able to make it...' she thought. 

Tsukaiju! 

She got irritated when it echoed inside her head. She stood up from her bed and walked out the room, then proceeded to the court where she always plays against Aomine. She sat on the bench hugging her knees and noticed someone approaching the court. It was Aomine. Half of her eyes closed. 'Why do I always ended up being alone with him?'

"Oh, Tsukaiju?" Aomine called her. She felt a nerve pop and was tempted to kick Aomine at the gut. "Haha, didn't expect you to be up this hour. Is there something bugging the monster?"he laughed. 

She narrowed her eyes and looked away pouting. "Don't call me that," she demanded.

 "Call what, Kaiju?" Aomine took the seat next to her. 

"That." her head shot at him. "Stop calling me a monster," she gave him an uneasy look.

 His eyes widened for a bit realizing what she meant and it softened. "Sorry about that, I'm just used to it." 

"Well I'm not," she replied staring at the court. He felt guilt inside him and sighed. "I'm sorry..." she didn't reply to his apology instead just looked at the sky full of stars.

"Ne Aomine, tell me, how come you love basketball?" she suddenly asked. He didn't respond for a while and joined her, staring above. 

"I used to love basketball but then it got boring when I could beat anyone on my loved sport..." Aomine started looking sad. "I started to hate myself for not enjoying the sport I love, and I hated anyone who wouldn't even try beating me, they were scared and looked at me as if I was a monster... but then--" 

"You felt what I'm feeling right now?" Tsukiko snapped and looked at him with a sad look. "Stop treating me like I'm some monster!"

"T-Tsukai--Tsukiko," with that outburst, the number one thing that's been bothering Tsukiko got the best of her and she started crying. Letting her feel that she was a monster in basketball and feeling no one could ever beat her. She was feeling the same feeling Aomine had before. His eyes widened seeing her as he didn't think twice in bringing her in his arms. 

"Oi! Don't cry!" he rubbed her back. 

He felt guilty seeing her like this. Never had she give a hint that she was breaking inside. This is the first he'd seen her like this. "What happened to you before..." she paused. "Is happening to me right now!!!"

"Tsukiko..." Aomine brought her in his arms, and hugged her tightly. 'I had no idea. she felt this...' he thought. She let her cry on his chest and afterwards she sobbed drying her eyes. "Are you okay now?" he asked. She remained silent not answering him. "Sorry..."

"Sorry for crying out like that..." she apologized not looking at him.

"No--it's okay..."

Tsukiko stood up from the bench and was about to leave when Aomine grabbed her wrist and pulled her back into his arms. Her, now sitting on his lap. She was startled and looked at Aomine, her eyes widening. "W-What are you doing?"

"Tell me, is that what's been bothering you all this time?" he asked her with a soft voice  as she responded with a nod. He stiffened and felt guilty not even realizing it. "Hey, Tsuneko," Tsukiko flinched.

"Why are you calling me that?"

"What, Aya's the only one allowed?"

"Well she was the one who thought of the nickname."

"Makes sense but..." he paused. "Having a cat name suits you well."

"What's that supposed to mean?" She twitched her left eye with a vein pop.

"Well, you seem to be grumpy-looking and tough, but on the inside you're cuddly, soft and cute," he cooed while grinning.

"Oh god, Kiyoshi-senpai had influenced you with that..." she face palmed.

"Oi!!!"

'Wait, did he just call me cute?!' she blushed, realizing it and glanced at Aomine who didn't notice her.

"Anyway, you don't need to feel like that, remember I'm still here."

"What?"

Aomine grinned down at her. "As long as I'm here, there'd always be that prince charming that will lift the curse of the princess being a monster!" 

"What...?" Tsukiko sweat dropped, tilting her head to the side.

Aomine blushed realizing what he said was stupid. "N-Never mind! what I meant is I'll never quit until I beat you!--" Aomine thought of a reason while Tsukiko giggled softly at his cuteness. 

"I get it Aho," she knocked on his head, smiling. "Arigatou," she kissed his cheek and escaped his lap. He was astonished and touched his cheek as she chuckled. "See you tomorrow, Prince Charming." she smiled and walked away.

'See you then...' he smiled back.

-------------------------------------------

haha Prince Charming <3 lol i dont know if you guys will like it but, idk whatever hahaha :))

i've come up with a Free fan fic!! :DD share~