9: Excited

Tsukiko's POV

The following the day, after class at the gym. Riko-san announced us the complete details for the International Competition we're going to join in since Kise kept interrupting us yesterday. And now he has given me a ridiculous nickname that he is forever to call me.

Tsukikocchi! I can still hear his voice call me that name.

Apparently, the International Competition will be held in 4 months so the head of the training above the top eight schools said that we need to get this training started early this year. This week we'll be leaving for a trip which will be held in a province that I really don't know where.

Whoa this means I, Tetsuya and Emiko are going to leave the house all alone. I bet Tetsuya will bring his dog Nigou along. Those two are inseparable. Kagami even mentioned that he always brings that dog in their games.

"Come to think of it, this is our first time Japan has gotten into the Internationals," Hyuuga-san mentioned.

"You're right," Kiyoshi-san realized too then beamed. "Alright! Let's do our best and don't let our country down!" he cheered and followed the whole team. I smiled at their cheeriness and looked at Kagami who was grinning evilly.

  "What's wrong, Kagami?" I asked him.

"Nothing! I'm just excited to take down my new opponents this year!" I sweat dropped at him. "You know we don't really know what they're capable of doing" I told him.

~*~*~*~*~*~

In Kaijo High...

"This is so exciting Kasamatsu-senpai! We get to train with Kurokocchi and the rest of my former teammates!" Kise cheered excitedly, putting his two hands behind his head.

"Yeah... sure..." Kasamatsu replied with no interest as they continued to do some shots at the gym. "Come to think of it... don't you think that Tsukiko girl's strange?"

"What? Tsukikocchi?"

"Yeah, her beating Aomine like that isn't really what you call normal since you call Aomine a monster too"

Kise thought for a while then passed the ball back to his senpai. "I guess you're right. When I played against her there's this feeling I have that she's not giving it her all..."

Kasamatsu just nodded his head as they continued to practice.

~*~*~*~*~*~

In Shutoku High...

"Shin-chan!" Takao called Midorima who was doing some shots.

"Takao, what do you want?" Midorima inquired pushing up his glasses.

"Have you heard about the International Tournament?" Takao answered with a question as he joined in Midorima with the practice.

"Yes, I've heard it from coach," Midorima replied and shoot a ball again.

"What about that Monster Player from Seirin?" Takao said catching Midorima's full attention.

"I'm listening," he said, facing Takao fully.

"Well they say there's this player who beat Aomine in one of Seirin and Touou's practice games," Takao started. "She said that she's abnormally fast and can surprise you like Kuroko can with her speed."

"Hm" Midorima huffed.

In Touou High...

"Can you believe it Aomine-kun?! We get to have a reunion with Tetsu-kun and the others again!" Satsuki cheered happily, especially when she thought of Tetsuya.

She kept ranting on how excited she was while Aomine was focus on doing some shots. He wanted to train more so he could beat Tsukiko the next he sees her.

"Oi, Aomine-kun! Are you even listening?!" Satsuki annoyed with a pout.

"I don't care..." Aomine replied. "All I care about is beating that Tsukiko girl..."

'Since she beat him in that practice match, his aim is to beat that girl...' Satsuki thought to herself then smiled at Aomine. 'I smell something fishy' she smiled playfully.

Aomine looked at her weirdly and raised an eyebrow. "What are you smiling at?" he sneered at her. Satsuki shook her head and giggled. "Nothing..." she waved it off.

In Yosen High...

"You're eating too much than usual, Atsushi", Himuro noticed looked at the giant who had tons of sweets in his large hands again.

"Hm? Really? I didn't notice..." Murasakibara looked down on his sweets. "Maybe because... I'm too excited in meeting this so called 'Monster Player'..."

"Hm, I guess that news has spread throughout the high school level huh" Himuro put his hands on his hips.

"Well, someone posted it online and caught millions of viewers," Murasakibara mentioned.

"Really? You look up stuff like that on the net?" Himuro asked.

"No," Murasakibara answered. "A friend of mine just told me a couple of times to see it whenever Aka-chin calls..."

In Rakuzan High...

"I'm so excited for this year!!!" she jumped in excitement.

"You're noisy as always," Akashi sighed as he and his team practiced.

"She always is, Sei-chan!" Hayama smiled and passed the ball to Nebuya. "Plus, she has a fellow female player playing this year! And in Seirin too!"

"That so called Monster Player?" Mibuchi inquired as Hayama nodded. "Yeah! They say she beat the hell out of Aomine during Seirin and Touou's practice match!" he added.

"Interesting," Akashi commented and smirked. "I would like to meet that so called Monster Player..."

Back to Seirin...

We were done practicing for today and the rest of the team already changed and took a shower. I on the other hand wasn't satisfied yet so I decided to stay behind and did a couple of shots. I thought I was alone at first but then Kagami's voice suddenly spoke as I glanced at the gym's exit to see him standing there.

"Staying up late?" he said.

"Yeah... thought I'd do some extra shots," I replied as he joined me and stole the ball and did a dunk. "Whoa," I whistled and smirked at him. "One-on-one?" he smirked so I'll take that as a yes.

So now he's on defense and I was dribbling the ball so I dashed pass him without him even noticing. C'mon, that's the only thing he's got? I stopped running and watch him turn around a bit startled.

"Is there something wrong, Kagami?" I asked him.

He was gaping with his eyes widened then pointed at me. "H-How did you...?"

"Ran pass you?" I finished for him. He nodded in response as I sighed and smirked at him. "You know, I wasn't given the title 'Monster Player' for nothing you know."

He blinked and looked determined. "Fine then, play with me again, the Miracle that didn't become one of the miracles!"

I gagged. "That's a pretty lame name..."

"What did you say?! Well it's not my fault! They were the ones who named me!" he retorted annoyed. "And what's with that big smile on your face?!"

"Huh? Well, I'm just excited for the training," I smiled. "We'll be battling the internationals! How can you not be pumped out about that!" I exclaimed with a grin. He grinned at me too and we were both surprised when Tetsuya popped out in front of me.

"Time to go home," he said.

"GAHH!!"

kyaaaaa >.< having a writer's block right now ;_; but i hope you guys like the chapter!

vote, comment, follow :3