14: Determined to beat you

The evening went by and all of the players soon gathered at the big dining table that was provided by their sponsors. Each team sat beside each other and Aya and the other helpers served their dinner. She made exactly what she promised and a lot too. When the GoM saw her cookery it was almost like heaven to them. Even the other players watered their mouths (especially Kagami and Murasakibara) as they dig in after saying. "Itadakimasu!"

 "Your cooking is the best Ayacchi!" Kise said enjoying Aya's food after finishing his bowl of rice and patted his tummy.

 "Yeah! Aya-chan's the best when it comes to cooking cuisines!" Hayama added, smiling at Aya.

 "A-Arigatou, Hayama-senpai," she smiled.

 The players finished up eating and decided to wash up and sleep early to get enough rest for tomorrow's hardcore training for the finals. The helpers cleaned up the plates and the managers and coaches proceeded to wash up too. But Aya was left there helping to clean up too, with Tsukiko noticing.

 'Why is she helping out if there are helpers to clean up the dishes anyway?' Tsukiko thought cocking an eyebrow. Aya bowed to one of the helpers with a smile and noticed Tsukiko was still there looking at her.

 "Tsuneko, why are you still here?" she asked after walking over to her.

 "I should ask you the same question, Aya-chan," Tsukiko replied putting her hands on her waist. "You should've just leave the helpers with the cleaning and take a rest."

 "Oh, gomen, I just wanted to help," Aya smiled, as Tsukiko just sighed already used to her attitude. "We should go back to our room, Tsuneko."

 "You're not going to stop calling me that, are you?" Tsukiko sighed as Aya nodded. "Fine," she smiled. "Let's go Aya-chan," they started to walk towards their dormitories in silence when they walk pass Aomine who looks like he was going to play basketball because he was holding a basketball in his hands.

 "Daicchi, you're going to play?" Aya asked looking at Aomine with her head raised since he was taller than her. (she's as tall as Kuroko)

 "Yeah, just some warm up for tomorrow," Aomine answered scratching the back of his head nonchalantly. He looked at Tsukiko and gave an unreadable glare making her twitch her eye.

 "What are you staring at?" she sneered. Aomine pointed at her. "Just you wait, Satoshi, I'm going to beat you!" he stated looking determinedly at her but she just sweat dropped and smiled sheepishly with a nod.

 Aomine pulled back his arm and smirked. "Beat you soon," he walk pass her while the two girls watch him walk away with a sweat at their cheek.

 "Man, what's up with him, he's determined to beat me in basketball," Tsukiko sighed as she and Aya continued walking. "He's so weird..."

 "I honestly think it's a good thing," Aya spoke up smiling at her.

 Tsukiko raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

 "Well, before Daicchi met you, he was really bored at basketball. I know it hurt him because I know he loves it but doesn't seem to enjoy it anymore," Aya explained.

 "He doesn't enjoy basketball anymore?"

 Aya nodded. "He was bored because he thought the only one who can beat him in basketball is him. He wanted a worthy rival to compete against, but I guess that rival he only found was himself well that's before he met you..."

 Tsukiko blushed a little and felt flattered. She swallowed the lump in her throat and looked away from Aya who was eyeing her innocently. "Is there something wrong, Tsuneko?"

 "N-Nothing..." Tsukiko tried not to stutter but failed. Aya noticed this and smiled brightly.

 "You know, Tsuneko, I'm really glad Daicchi met you," she said sincerely.

 "EH?!" Tsukiko's face got redder as she backed away from Aya.

 "I'm glad that Daicchi met you," Aya repeated.

 "W-Why w-w-would you be so glad about that?" Tsukiko stuttered as they reached their dorm. Aya sand Tsukiko walked in as they both rested on their heads as Aya poked her head peeking at Tsukiko. "He's more determined in basketball now because of you."

 "What?!" Tsukiko blushed. 'Why am I blushing over that idiot?!?!?'

 "You're blushing about Daicchi," she mentioned with a giggle.

 "W-What?! Urusai! Am not!" Tsukiko denied pushing away Aya's face as she pulled back her head with a smile. "Oi, Aya, am not!"

 "Yeah, yeah, don't worry I'll keep your secret," she teased her, putting her hand above her mouth while giggling. Tsukiko let out a deep sigh as a knock was heard on the door.

 "I'm going in," a voice said as the door opened revealing no other than Seijuro Akashi, the captain of the Rakuzan team.

 "Oh—Aka-kun, what is it?" Aya asked before going down from the top bed then approached him.

 "Oh, coach wants to talk to you about the programs you planned for the training tomorrow, he wants them now," Akashi informed her as she nodded and went to take some papers from the drawer and walked out the room with Akashi.

 "Tsuneko, I'll be back soon, please go ahead and take a shower then take a good night's sleep, okay?" Aya said and disappeared off to somewhere.

 Tsukiko sighed and just decided to take a shower after a long day. While in the shower, she wondered about the first international tournament she's in; why she had this high level of skill; and the reason behind it. She remembered the person who taught her basketball and at the same time, remember the time he quit it...

 "Takuya..." she spoke opening her eyes.

 After taking that shower, she exited the bathroom fully dressed and didn't found Aya anywhere. She finished wiping her hair dry and decided to look for the purple head girl but ended up wandering at the court where she found Aomine playing.

 She saw how determined Aomine was training just so he could beat her planting a smile on her face. She suddenly remembered something that Aya had told her. 'I'm glad that Daicchi met you'. At that time, she really was relieved about it. He made her remember a childhood friend of hers that was once as determined and passionate about the sport they loved. It made her happy.

 "Do you need anything?" Aomine asked not stopping from playing.

 "U-Uhm, nothing, i-I, I just wanted to watch you..." Tsukiko trailed off.

 "I see, looks like you've already taken a shower," he replied and she responded a nod. "That's a shame, I was planning to challenge you again"

 "As if you're going to win" Tsukiko gagged putting a nerve pop on his head.

 "What did you say?!"

 "Nothing," she snickered.

 "Just you wait Tsukiko Satoshi! I will someday beat the hell out of you! You hear me?!" Aomine stated pointing at Tsukiko with an annoyed glare. She just nodded and smirked.

 "Good luck then," she turned her back to him smiling. 'Hmm... beat me one day huh...? Let's see'

kya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >_< sorry for not updating for so long :(( looks like i wont be updating oftenly now :( SCHOOL has returned ugh no.... anyway i hope you guys enjoy this chapter... arigatou!