Finals (part 1)

FINALS.

“Kyaaaa! It’s already the finals!” Tsukiko cheered as she walked with her team towards the court. Kise frowned at her.

“I don’t see the reason why to get excited, Tsukikocchi!” he whined because he was feeling nervous at that time. “It’s so nerve racking today because we have the responsibility in bringing Japan to the top of the Internationals!”

“Well we just have to win right?” Aomine appeared behind them putting his arm around the two’s shoulders.

“Easy for you to say” Kise pouted. Tsukiko looked at Aomine from behind and smiled. “Now, now, Kise, don’t get your hopes down yet! We’re going to win! Tell yourself that!” Tsukiko encouraged fisting her hands.

“That’s right, Ki-chan~” Aya appeared in front of them, as they flinched getting startled.

“Where did you come from?” they chorused.

“Minna! Let’s do our best today!” Aya ignored their question and cheered them on happily.

“By the way you talk, as if you’d play today” Aomine commented as Akashi walk pass them. “She is going to play” the red haired spoke and pulled Aya with him proceeding to the court benches.

“Eh?! Aya’s going to play?!” they reacted and follow their current captain of Team Japan out to the court. They set their things on the bench and started to do some warm ups and was surprise to hear someone dunk. It was Aya. They stood their surprised, their eyes widening as Aya let go of the ring as her feet met the floor.

“H-How can she do a dunk with that height?” Tsukiko asked a sweat running down to her cheek. “By her height, she can’t reach it, but if she…”

“She can jump that high, it’s possible” Aomine finished for her having that serious look on his face. “It’s been a while since I saw her play” Tsukiko stared at Aomine and gulped. She glanced at Aya who’s practicing with Kagami, Kise, Midorima and Murasakibara at the court, and seems to have a serious look on her face.

“Aya-chan’s in her zone already?” Momoi spoke, surprised.

“Zone?” Tsukiko wondered looking at her. “Hai, the zone is a state of being that a player can access once he has found a worthy opponent and reached his full potential. Being in the zone means nobody else can stop him unless he or she is in the Zone as well. When entering the Zone, one forgets everything and focuses solely on the game. It is a superlative of regular concentration. Only the elite of the best of the best of players are allowed to enter the Zone.” Momoi explained to Tsukiko who nodded her head.

“I think I never entered my zone before…” Tsukiko said rubbing her chin.

“Well I think it’s the best time to do that now because we have to win this match” Aomine spoke with a serious tone. Momoi and Tsukiko looked at him and their eyes widened seeing him—“Aomine-kun…?” Momoi wondered. Aomine joined in the warm ups and so did Tsukiko leaving the two managers there.

“I think everyone’s serious today, Satsuki-senpai…” Emiko appeared beside the pink head surprising her.

“Emiko-chan!!!” Momoi jumped away from her but relaxed afterwards. She looked at everyone who was playing. “It’s because they all want to win…” she spoke and smiled. “We’re going to win this!” she cheered then noticed Emiko thinking deeply.

“What is it, Emiko-chan?” she asked.

“Hm? Oh, I was just wondering…” Emiko started with a serious look on her face. “How Tsukiko-san is when she’s in her zone…”