The End.

Marilyn Anderson

I flipped around in the bed and faced him, my eyes wide, “What do you mean?” I asked confused as to what he had meant. “What do you mean, 'right choice'?” Zak looked up at me, his blue eyes a mixture of anger and sadness – I was just his anger wasn't exactly pointed at me, it was just inside of him – he was always angry, and his eyes showed it.

“No matter what you choose, Aaron or I – I won't be mad. I know the option you pick will be the best one for you, and it will be what you want.” Zak smiled briefly, and softly said, “I know that you'll make the right choice.”

“My first choice is my right choice.” I half-argued. “Zak, you are the only one that I want – why would you think otherwise?”

“I don't think anything different from that,” Zak whispered, pausing for a moment before continuing with his statement. “You're my one and only – but I promise you, if you broke off the engagement and went to Aaron I-”

“Zak,” I scolded, “I would never do that to you.” I put his cheeks between my hand, “I would never, ever do that. I love you way too much. You're the one person I've ever loved.” I whispered to Zak. I pecked Zak's lips, and I looked at him. “I love you, so much.”

Aaron Goodwin

What was wrong with me? Why couldn't I do ANYTHING right? Marilyn didn't want me, the guys didn't want me on their team. Zak basically hates me, but he's hiding it. I don't want to be here.

“My first choice is my right choice,” I listened to Marilyn whisper to Zak. I was sitting on the floor next to the door, silent tears running down my face. “Zak, you are that I want – why would you think other wise?” Why? Why couldn't Zak and her just break up?

Because they won't. Because they're perfect. Because Marilyn has been the only girl who has stayed with Zak through everything, his possessions, his smiles, all of his investigations, and even when his anger got the best of him. So, why couldn't Marilyn stay with me and do that? What was so good about Zak? Why did Zak always get the girls?

“I don't think anything different from that,” I heard Zak whisper back to his Fiancee. Ugh, such a disgusting word. Maybe it's only gross because I'll never have someone to feel that way for me. I let another few tears run down my face before Zak continued, “You're my one and only – but I promise you, if you broke off the engagement and went to Aaron I-” Zak stopped suddenly, and Marilyn interrupted.

“Zak,” She said, “I would never do that to you. I would never, ever do that. I love you way too much. You're the only person I've ever loved.” There was a silence, and I heard their lips crash – and my heart broke. “I love you, so much.”

It's time, I'll never have Marilyn – will I?

Marilyn Anderson

The next day, we all woke up late. Zak and I the latest, around 1 o'clock. We decided to go out to Lunch – and since it was already October 30th, we could find something fun to do before the Halloween trail started this year. We decided to go out to lunch at this Dracula themed restaurant. It seemed as if this whole town was Halloween all year. We entered through the dungeon-like doors, and the whole scenery completely captivated us. The room was lite darkly, with red candles sitting on any flat surface that was in the building. All the furniture was black wood, including the floors. The chairs had red cushioning, and the tables had red table blankets on them. “Wow,” I breasted out smiling. A lady with dark hair, red lipstick, and was slightly on the chubbier side came to say hello to us.