The Newest Addition.

Marilyn Anderson – 8:35 am

“So, let me get this straight.” I questioned Zak confused as he slid on his shoes and got ready to leave so he could fly back to Las Vegas. He had extra clothes in the car that he had changed into, and woke up early this morning, waking me up with him, but right now – I was not only confused, but extremely disappointed in Zak's decisions. “Your going to fly back to Las Vegas, forget about me, and we both go on like none of this ever happened?” Zak stood up, and sighed – half running his fingers through his hair and half trying to fix it.

“That's not what I said.” Zak argued with me, half annoyed at how complicated I was being. “What I said was, after this we probably won't be able to be anything. You live on the other side of the country. We live totally different lives, Marilyn. As much as I want to be with you, I can't.” I listened to him say this, my heart breaking. He can't be with me, because we live states beyond states away from each other? What happened to, 'distance doesn't matter'? Zak stood up, and walked towards me, attempting to pull me in a hug. I pushed him away from me, looking down at his shoes.

“I thought if you really cared about someone, you'd do anything to stay with them.” I whispered, turning around and walking back to my bedroom – collapsing on my bed, holding back tears. I made it seem really bad, I made it seem as if Zak was treating me like a new-age whore, but didn't have sex with me. I made it seem like I was a one night stand. I knew I had hurt Zak's feelings, and I felt bad about that, but he hurt mine. Shouldn't he feel bad? I heard footsteps down the hallway, but I didn't move. Zak didn't sit on the bed when he entered, instead, he squatted down and leaned his chin against the mattress. He stared at me, until I turned my head to him. “What?” I asked.

“Don't be mad.” Zak whispered, “This is only for the time being. Aaron did offer you that job as our photographer. If your still in for it, the boys and I would have to talk to the channel about it.” I listened to him, watching his lips move. He reached out and pushed a stray hair out of my face and smiled at me. When I didn't say anything, Zak pursed his lips. “I would love to have you on my team.” I sighed, and watched him. I didn't say anything, but I did reach out and tousle his hair. Zak laughed as I did this, and smiled at me.

“I'd love to be part of your team.” I smiled at him, staying slightly quiet as Zak stared at me. Zak smiled and let out a sigh of relief. “I love the crew. The boys are the best.” I smirked. Zak laughed and shook his head.

“Well,” Zak announced, glancing at the clock, “I better go. The boys are meeting me at the airport in ten minutes.” I nodded at Zak, and he walked out of the room – without as much as a hug. I had a feeling that this friendship, or even anything more, was going to work out.

Marilyn Anderson Point-of-view ~ One Month Later

“These men put the hot back into haunting. Zak Bagans, Aaron Goodwin, and Nick Groff of the hit television show, “Ghost Adventures” battle everything from residual spirits to dark entities as they investigate any, and every location they come across. Not only do they put their lives in danger for their viewers, they also are looking to prove to skeptics that there is life after death. They will stop at nothing to prove science wrong. These men take on approach that will scared some spirits, and invite them in with loving arms, and others – they wish to ward away. With EVPs, EMFs, and possessions some of the many dangers of their jobs, I decided that I would sit down with each of these men to not only talk about their jobs, but their childhoods and their fans.” I read out loud my small article in the magazine. The pictures had turned out so much better than I thought they were going to, the editing took much of the time – but I'm glad they took the most amount of time. I owned the first copy, and I was planning on getting it framed. Tonight, was the release party with the boys at a local club. We were to have a red carpet, and I knew it was going to be an extremely fantastic event. I was already ready, and I was shoving my face and scrolling on my phone until I had to leave. I was ready to get there. I was ready to see the boys again.