Sweet Dreams.

Marilyn Anderson

“I'm gonna be sick.” I muttered, gripping the seat of the taxi boat while Aaron laughed at me. “Ugh, I'm gonna be sick.” I kept repeating myself, my stomach turning. We had almost a mile until we reached the island where the boys were going to learn about the history of the island. The boys were eating, like always, and I felt like I was going to be sick.

“Just take deep breaths.” Nick said, trying to calm me down.

“I am taking deep breaths!” I snapped back at him, putting my head in my hands, trying to calm my stomach and forget about the waves and the water. I felt a hand place itself on my back and began rubbing it. I looked up, and Zak was sitting beside me, rubbing my back trying to help me. Nothing was going to help me at this point but hopping off the damn boat and swimming away.

“Are you okay?” Zak questioned me softly. I shook my head in my hands and almost started crying. I didn't want to throw up, but I could feel it coming on. My throat started getting hot, and I stood up and almost sprinted to the back of the boat, and threw my head over the side and emptied my stomach into the water. I didn't noticed Zak holding my hair back until after I was finished. I wiped my mouth off and put my head on the cool metal of the boat. “better?” Zak smiled at me. I nodded slowly and closed my eyes. Zak chuckled at me and shook his head.

“I hate boats.” I muttered.

“I can tell.” Zak laughed, “On the bright side – we are almost there, sweetie.” My heart fluttered when he called me that, but I kept it to myself. Zak stayed with me until the boat reached the island. We hopped off the boat. I was filled with relief when I stepped off the boat. I grabbed my camera, and let the boys do some filming that they needed to finish as I snapped some pictures of them from far away and some of the location far away. I followed them as they talked to the guy about the location, and took some pictures of them.

This place was surreal, so pretty – with such a dark history. I followed the boys, but stayed out of their shots. I didn't want to be on TV, even though I acknowledge that I was going to be on the Pennhurst episode, I didn't necessarily want to be. “I'm not going in there,” The man who was giving the boys a tour of the location announced, “I will not step a foot into that room.” Zak turned around.

“I'll go in there.” Zak announced, “Here, let me take the camera.” Zak grabbed the camera from Aaron, and started climbing in a window of the room. I watched him, not wanting to say anything while the cameras were rolling.

“Watch out, the floor is very unstable and the roof is falling down as we speak.” The man announced. Oh crap.

“Be safe, Zak.” I said quietly to him. He turned around and smiled at me and walked inside, and looked around. I kept the camera on him and snapped a few pictures of him holding the camera inside the creepy building. I was glad I wasn't going on the lockdown with them. This place was at an all-time creepy record, and I didn't want to even step a foot inside of any of these buildings.

I hoped the boys would stay safe though, I didn't want anything happening to any of them.

 --------

“Aaron, quit eating with your hands.” Zak said, obviously annoyed with Aaron being childish. He was really uptight tonight. And I wasn't sure why, but he wasn't being himself. He was acting very, very strange. “Your not three years old.”

“Sorry,” Aaron muttered. Aaron wasn't necessarily eating with his hands, his food fell on the table and he was trying to scoop it up with his hands. Zak was just acting like a jackass tonight.

We had went to a really fancy restaurant to get our minds off the horror of the island. But, of course none of us could really get it off our minds. I think deep down in all the boys, they were deeply afraid to do this investigative. Not only because this place had just downright horrible history, but because they were stuck on an island for 12 hours by themselves, and if they needed medical assistance they wouldn't be able to get it fast. They were already quite shaken up from the interviews. Tomorrow night was the night everything would go down. And we were all ready to go to bed and get this day off their minds.