Attack

6:35 p.m.

I was in the shower when Zak called. I was drying my hair with a pearl towel as I pressed play on the voice-mail of the phone, “Hey Marilyn. It's Zak. We were just calling to tell you to meet us at Pennhurst at 7ish. We will be there at 6:30. Our lockdown will start at 8. See you then.” I looked at the clock and was surprised how long I was in the shower for. I had to hurry and get dressed. I had settled on black sweatpants and a black hooded pull-over sweater with a tank-top underneath it and black converse shoes. I pulled my hair into a ponytail and put my eyeliner on smoothly. I walked out of the house with a bad feeling something was going to go down tonight. But I couldn't back out. I basically promised Zak that I would come, and I would be there.

Couldn't I trust him? He promised me he would keep me safe. The question was, could he? He couldn't possibly keep me safe from the evil things that lurk in corners of that house. He couldn't keep me safe from the things that he couldn't see. Sure, there were things like Holy Water they could use after they tried to get to me. But, was there anything he could do before hand? No.

I shook my head as I unlocked the car door. Something bad was going to happen tonight, I had a gut feeling, but I couldn't back out. Instead, I started the car and put a Cracker CD on full blast, pushing the back thoughts about staying in Pennhurst for the night, in the dark, with Mr. Orr.

~~

I pulled up at Pennhurst around 7:15. I felt slightly bad I was late, but I couldn't drive any faster on the slow traffic in town. Zak, Aaron, and Nicks van's doors were opened, computers up in the back, and the lights on in the cab. I pulled up next to the cab, and Zak jumped from the drivers seat and walked to the car. He smiled at me sweetly as I leaned my head back on the headrest. “You okay?” He asked me as he leaned on the door. I nodded at him and sighed.

“Of course.” I replied to him quietly. I looked up at the dark buildings, and sighed. It was eerily quiet. I shook my head at myself and began getting out of the car. “I just hate this place.” Zak helped me out from the car and put a arm around my shoulder.

“I know.” Zak said reassuringly in my ear. “We will keep you safe. That's a promise.” I smiled at that and patted his shoulder when I hugged him. Then, we made our way to where Nick and Aaron were standing, already rolling on their cameras, with a lady standing there with them. Zak, Nick, and Aaron exchanged conversation with her before they put their equipment in their base. Then, she locked us in.

That was when my stomach dropped. I wasn't sure what would come out of the shadows at night, but I damn well was sure that I didn't want to be here when they did come out. Can I leave now? I swallowed a chunk of fear in my throat and followed Zak to base where they were getting their cameras ready. I already felt eyes on me. “Zak?” I whispered as a breeze of cool air walked around me, in circles almost. He looked at me, his eyes content and worried – I think for me. “Do you feel that?” Zak wasn't sure what I was talking about and raised an eyebrow. “Come here.” Zak began walking towards me, and it disappeared almost instantly.

“I don't feel anything.” Zak announced to me, “Are you okay?”

“I'm fine. It's gone now.” I sighed. Zak sighed and turned around and walked back to the boys.

“Alright!” He announced. “Who's ready to start an investigation?” He smiled and clapped his hands. Aaron and Nick cheered, while my panic attack gotten worse. I had no choice but to go alone with it. Zak looked over at me and pointed his camera at me, “If at any time you feel uncomfortable you tell us.” I nodded at his request and we left base. In the hallway, Zak began yelling and asking questions, holding up a Digital recorder. He pointed at me. “Do you remember her? You evil bastard. You attacked her when she was 15! Do you remember?” Zak went quiet, and my stomach knotted up. I felt eyes on me again, but I didn't say anything. He looked back at the guys, “Im gonna review this right here.” Zak held it up to his ear as his voice cut through, and suddenly we heard a deep “HAHAHA” coming from the speaker. I had a mini-heart attack right there.