It doesn't matter.

Marilyn Anderson

Two days later – I hadn't heard from Zak in a day and a half, and I wasn't sure what had happened to him. I figured he was busy, so I blew it off and went with my own work. Editing pictures and updating the blog. Around 10 I was getting ready for bed, moping around the house in a tank-top and sweatpants, my hair up in a high bun and sipping tea in my living room – reruns of Ghost Adventures on TV soothed me. I loved seeing the boys' lockdowns – since I would never see them first-hand, this was as close as I was ever going to get. A few knocks on my front door caught my attention, and I sat my tea down and slowly began making my way to the door, my eyes on the TV. I pulled open the door, and looking out it as the TV turned to a commercial.

I was shocked at who was at the door. Tall, dark, and handsome. His hair pulled up in too-much gel, wearing black sweatpants and a black T-shirt. “Zak?” I whispered, Zak grabbed my hips, and picked me up into a hug – twirling me around.

“Man, I missed you.” Zak gushed, walking into the house. I breathed in the smell of his cologne lingering on his body.

“What are you doing here?!” I exclaimed, my excitement overwhelming. Zak sat me down on my feet, and wheeled his suitcase in the door.

“I didn't want to drag you out to Sin-City, so I figured I would come see you, hope it's okay.” Zak smiled at me.

“No, it's more than okay! It's fantastic!” I exclaimed, my heart jumping. “How was your flight?”

“Dreadful. I'm tired as shit.” Zak replied, rubbing his eyes smoothly. Zak's eyes wandered over to the TV as it switched back to the show, “I'm gonna guess you missed me?” Zak laughed as he saw his face flash on the TV.

“No,” I replied shaking my head, “this is as close as I'm ever going to get to a lockdown – so I like to watch it and see what you guys experience.” Zak rose his eyebrows at me and smiled.

“Well, maybe you can join us sometime.” Zak smiled, wrapping his arm around my waist. I shook my head. “Oh C'mon, it's not as scary as you think.” Zak urged me to go with him.

“Uh,” I laughed, “No. I'd be too scared.” Zak laughed and shook his head.

“It's not that bad.” Zak said.

“I'm whooped,” I replied, changing the conversation, “Wanna go to bed?” Zak nodded, grinning through his sleepiness.

“Lets.” Zak smiled

-

I must've woken up late, because when I did wake up – the house smelt of something burning. Instantly, I flew out of bed and sprinted to the kitchen, my socks sliding on the wood floors. The sight that laid out before me, made me bubble up with laughter.

Zak was standing at the sink wearing just pajama pants, scraping a burnt pancake off the pan, embarrassment written all over his face. The kitchen was a disaster, pancake batter strewn across the counters, filthy bowls lining the sink, and the stove cluttered with objects. “I was trying to make you breakfast,” Zak explained, “And I guess that I should probably stick with ghost hunting.” I laughed at him and shook my head.

“Zak if you were hungry you could've woke me up.” I stated, trying to hide my laughter from him. “I could've made you breakfast.” Zak shook his head, dropping the pan in the sink, and leaning against the counter looking at me.

“I wanted to make you breakfast, that was the point, sweetie.” Zak smiled softly, “I'm just an idiot and don't know how to cook.” I rolled my eyes at him as I walked into the kitchen, opening a window that over looked the sink, “I'm sorry I smelled your house up.”