Two Monks Crossing A River

Story dedicated to xhaneyou

***
ONCE THERE WERE two monks travelling to another village! They were about to cross a river when suddenly an old woman approached them...

"Can you please help me cross the river?" she asked.

The old woman looked weak and it seemed she couldn't cross alone! The monk felt pity but the other one was hesitant to help..

"Please help me, i beg you! I need to get at the other side but i can't swim..!" begged her.

The monk decided to help her and carried her on his back and started to cross the river...

When they reached the other side he slowly put her down on the dry land... The old woman was very happy and thank him for his kindness!

The two monks continued their journey. While they were walking together, the other monk who didn't help the old woman speak up..

"How dare you violated our vow? You know very well that we are not allowed to touched a woman, yet you still carry and helped her to cross the river?"

He replied...

"Not all the time we have to follow a rule! Sometimes we need to use our common sense!

So which situation is more harder to bear in your conscience? You break the rules and touch the old woman and helped her, or you choose to obey the rules and just let her drowned in the river?"

The other monk became silent and and didn't say a word...
___
End.

A/N:

Dear Readers,

Monks are sacred people in Buddhism... They are not Christians... Monks are equivalent to Priests in Christian religion.... Like priests in Christians, monks have also vows... They are not allowed to touched a girl or woman for the rest of their lives... If caught disobeying their vow, they will be punish by means of mocking their heads 1000 times on the floor... The monk in the story, although he disobeyed their rules, he showed concern and kindness to others.., He broke the rules for a good intention...!

Sometimes, violating a vow can never be a sin, as long as you're motive is to help others!

_Marwa Angela Enrique