HACHIKO

(A Tale Of Loyalty)

Hi Friends and Readers, my next featured story is about a tale of loyalty...Its a story of a dog's loyalty to his master, a real life story that happend in Japan many, many years ago... Enjoy reading guys, the story goes this way....

***

There was a man named Parker. He has a wife and one lovely daughter.. He was working as a Music Professor in a well-knowned University in Japan... One day, while Parker was walking down the busy street in the city, he saw a little puppy! It looked like the puppy was lost since he was walking back and forth the street and no one cared about him... Parker, got pity and slowly caught him and took him in his arms..

"Wow, you're a lovely puppy!" he exclaimed in gladness as he rubbed his fur...

"Are you lost?" he asked while turning around to see if someone had lost him... Since there's no one claiming him, Parker decided to take him home and named him HACHIKO. But his wife didn't like dog in the house! So, Parker took the puppy with him, and went to his neighbors and to the streets asking if anyone had lost him!

"This little dog came from a Monastery!" said Parker's friend while looking at the tag chain on his neck..

"Oh, really? Maybe a Monk had lost him on the street.." he said.

Parker decided again to walked around their village asking everyone he met, if they had lost a puppy, but he was frustrated... He had nothing to do than to take him home again.. But since his wife didn't like dog in the house, Parker had no choice but to bring little Hachiko wherever he go... Everyday, he would always bring the puppy with him, riding on a train going to the University where he worked and kept him company.

Months past and little Hachiko grew up into a lovely dog! Parker's wife, although she hated dogs, slowly learned to accept him in the house... Hachiko was a smart dog.. Every morning he would check the mail box and picked news paper for his master, Parker... He happily wiggled his tail everytime he ran towards him, with news paper clipped in his mouth. During weekend, Parker and Hachiko would always take a long walk along the river side and spend their time together... Wherever Parker go, Hachiko would always keep him company... As he grew more each day, he turned to be a loving, caring and sweet dog ever... He loved Parker so much! Everyday, he would always take his master to the train station..., watched the train go, till it disappeared in his eyes, and then go home... Every five in the afternoon, again he would go back to the train station, sit on a ledge stone and patiently waited hours until his master arrived from work. People at the station would always notice him, staring at every train passing by... As soon as he saw Parker getting off from the train, he would quickly jumped and ran to meet him and wagged his tail with great joy, embraced him and licked him all over his face!

"Hey, Parker! Your dog has been patiently waiting for you....!" said his friend, a burger stand owner near the train station..

"Oh really? What time did he came here to pickme up?" he asked as he rubbed Hachiko's head.

"Its almost 3 hours since i saw him sitting there while watching every train passing by...!" he smiled..

Being with his master, Hachiko seemed to be the happiest dog in the world! He was very loyal and sweet, and would always kept him company wherever he go...

One day, Parker got a sudden heart attact and died at the University where he worked at! It was the most painful moment of his family. Their house were filled with saddness! Hachiko witnessed how Parker's wife and his daughter cried infront of his coffin... But poor Hachiko had no idea whats going on, he couldn't understand why there were many people coming to their house, mourning! While everyone was busy, Hachiko would simply slipped the house and went to the train station as his regular routine... Sitting on the ledge, again he waited patiently, looking at every train passing by, hoping his master would show up... Seconds turned to minute, minutes turned to hour...he waited patiently but no one showed up. Evening came and he was still there sitting on a ledge waiting for nothing! Sad and confused, poor Hachiko slowly went back home..., he didn't know he won't be seeing his beloved master anymore!

Days past, Parker has been buried! Hachiko's routine never changed. Everyday he would spent most of the time sitting on the ledge at the train station, counting the train passing by, again hoping to see his master, Parker! Hachiko patiently waited, never minding the heat of the sun and the cold of the rain above him, never losing hope that one day he would see him again...

"Hachi! Hachi! Im really sorry! Parker is gone! He will not come back anymore!"

Teary-eyed, Parker's friend who was the owner of the Burger Stand near the train station, approached and talked to him. He rubbed his head tenderly, showing his comfort. Hachiko looked at him with a sad eyes and licked his hand, showing how much he missed his master!
Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall came! Eventhough how season changed, still Hachiko never changed his love and loyalty to his beloved master, Parker! Still he was waiting for him! Hachiko never went back home anymore... The old ruined parked train near the railway, served as his home and shelter.

Many years past, Hachiko became very old, his fur turned to grey and became dull... Still he never changed! He never lost hope and still waiting for his beloved master! The old parked train was his only friend who shared his loneliness, the only one who understands him...the only one who had witnessed the most saddest part of his life; the silent tears he shed with those lonely nights living alone! Time goes by and Hachiko became ill and got weaker and weaker everyday, still he never lost hope! Evenif he was in pain and almost dying, still he would got up slowly, watched trains passing by the railway, hoping it would be his beloved master!

Hachiko died at the age of 15... He spent his whole life waiting for his master but he had never seen him again!
.
.
.
.
the end.

A/N:

Hmmmmm... How sad! This story really brought tears to my eyes! I salute the great love and loyalty the dog in the story had gave to his master... Great! Can't believe it! Well, guys hope you enjoyed reading this story! You can watch the full story of Hachiko on DVD... "HACHIKO a dog story" starred by Hollywood star, Richard Geere!

marwa angela enrique