Chapter 30: Can He Not Be Here!

Dante walked to her side and examined her. Noticing her pale lips and bandaid on her, he said,

"You Little dove. I only let you go for a few minutes, and this is what you get yourself into. "

Zoey crossed her arms and dramatically faced the other side.

"I thank God for leaving your side,"

"Do you two know each other?"

"Yes, she is Chloe's mother, her new mother. My assistant and future wife"

The two old ladies looked at them with shocked expressions for a while, their eyes darting back and forth from one to another, trying to figure out if it weren't a lie. Zoey shot Dante a death stare, and just as she was about to say, Brianne exclaimed,

"I can't thank you enough for entangling the two, dear Lord! "

Zoey, who was worried about what the old lady would say due to the difference in social status, just looked at her with eyes wide.

"There is a but mom. She is refusing to marry me -"

Before he could finish the two old ladies synchronized

"Why!!?" They said, looking at Dante

"You ask her," and the old ladies gazes shifted to Zoey.

Zoey just smiled awkwardly and stole a glance at Dante, noticing him smiling evilly. She just shrugged and said

"Well it's-" she paused for a second and,

"Can he not be here!" She shouted, pointing her finger at Dante. Just then, Keegan walked in with a serious expression and greeted the two ladies before sharing a brief smile with Zoey. He faced Dante and said,

"You have to hear this" before he left the room.

Dante reluctantly faced Zoey, not wanting to leave.

"Don't worry, we have her," Brett comforted him as they watched him lean in and kissed Zoey on the forehead.

"I'll be here when you wake up,"

The Blackwood sisters just smiled at the scene, and Zoey blushed. Seeing her blushing face, Dante walked out with a smile on his face. After closing the door before him, he returned to his poker face before facing Keegan and Trent, his right hand.

"Talk," he commanded

"Boss, we went with 2 forces protecting for mother and aunt, we were passing by the park when they said they wanted a picture of the sunset. We went with their request following closely behind. They said they wanted to be alone without our involvement, so we stood by closely. It happened that the lady in there was closer to them than us that she spotted the culprit. He went to an angle that us bodyguards couldn't see. I guess he was already told to do so, and it was a chance encounter  at the park. This footage shows the rest, " he said, passing Dante a tablet.

Dante saw a small figure out running a man in black when she realized she couldn't reach his aunt and mom before him but at the same time she increased her pace and shifted his mother taking the stab for her. He threw the tablet back at him.

"We are so sorry we couldn't protect her,"

"Where is he now?" Dante ignored him and asked.

This incident was of some help.He knew his mother would not accept anyone he gave her as a daughter in law that was why she arranged that blind date and lied to him. Laila was the one she wanted him to marry, not someone Chloe liked. Luckily, Selena was informed in time, and Zoey didn't die.