Chapter 4: Daddy Act Like You Love Me

"Miss Zoe, Mr Dante wants you and the young miss back at his office now"

A stern looking bodyguard interrupted.

"Oh lets go Chloe"

"But you haven't replied to my question"

Zoe chose to keep quiet and Chloe felt disappointed.

They arrived at Dantes office. He was sitting on his chair seeming impatient but he didn't say anything.

"Mr Blackwood I've come back with your daughter safe and sound"

He just glanced at her and nodded.

Zoe kissed Chloe's forehead and whispered, "I wish I could, but I can't.Besides, I think all you need is love. Don't be too hasty. Maybe we'll meet again someday. Goodbye, Chloe."

She let go of Chloe and walked out of the office, leaving behind a broken-hearted girl and a cold-hearted man.

Dante picked up Chloe and carried her to his car. He didn't say a word to her. He just drove away, ignoring her.

When they arrived at their mansion, he parked the car and opened the door. He put Chloe down and said, "Go to your room."

Chloe looked at him with sadness. She said, "Dad, can I ask for something?"

Dante rolled his eyes. "How much is it?" he asked.

Chloe snapped. She shouted, "I didn't even tell you what it was and you're busy shoving your money in my face. Not everything in this world can be bought by money. I want a mom. Be a dad and give me one!"

Dante was stunned. He had never heard Chloe talk to him like that. He felt a pang of guilt, but he quickly suppressed it. He said, "Don't you dare talk to me like that, you ungrateful brat. You have everything you need. You have a roof over your head, food on your table, clothes on your back, toys in your room. What more do you want?"

Chloe said, "I want love. I want a family. I want a mom."

Dante said, "You don't need a mom. You have me. I'm your father. That's enough."

Chloe said, "No, it's not. You're not a father. You're a boss. You don't care about me. You only care about yourself. You don't love me. You don't love me."

Dante said, "That's not true. I love you. I love you more than anything."

Chloe said, "Then prove it. Show me. Be a dad. Be a good dad."

Dante didn't know how to respond. He realized he had no idea how to be a good dad. He had never learned from his own father, who had abandoned him when he was a child. He had never had a role model, a mentor. He had only had money, power, and fame. But they didn't make him happy.

He looked at Chloe and saw a reflection of himself. A lonely, unhappy, desperate child. He felt a surge of emotion. He wanted to change. He wanted to be a better man. He wanted to be a good dad.

He reached out his hand and said, "Chloe, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry I've been a bad father. I'm sorry I've hurt you. I'm sorry I've made you cry. I want to make it up to you. I want to make you happy. I want to give you what you want. Will you forgive me? Will you give me a chance?"

Chloe looked at his hand and hesitated. She didn't know if she could trust him. She didn't know if he was sincere. She didn't know if he could change. But she also saw a glimmer of hope in his eyes. She saw a hint of love in his voice. She saw a possibility of a new beginning. She saw a chance to have a family.

She took his hand and said, "Yes, dad. I forgive you. I'll give you a chance. I'll give us a chance. I love you, dad."

Dante smiled and hugged her. He said, "I love you too, Chloe. I love you more than anything."