Chapter 21: The Old Lady's Unexpected Visit

Zoey shot Mia a death stare, and Mia mouthed "sorry" before looking away. Inside Chloe hugged her grandmother and sat on her lap as she chatted with her.

"Grandma, I missed you so bad. I wanted to come and see you but I couldn't. How are you? I hope you are taking care of your health. "

"I'm okay, my grandchild. And don't worry about me, you know Mr Hurt is always there to watch over me. I brought you some toys want to see?"

"Yeeep!" She said, taking a look at the several gift bags on the table

"They are so nice. Thank you, grandmother. "

The old lady just smiled and said

"You look happier than the last time we met. Why?"

With that question, Chloe jumped on the couch and hugged her grandmother again before saying happily

"Grandma, Daddy has made me the happiest child ever!"

"How so?"

Chloe was about to answer when an idea popped into her head, and she said

"Wait here for a moment. I'll be back,"

She climbed off the couch and ran with her little legs to the balcony. Upon arrival, the girl noticed that the balcony was empty, and no one was there. She frowned and headed back inside a little sad.

"Granny, I can't see her,"

She said about to cry.

"Who?"

She was about to say when she noticed Zoey behind the curtain mouthing and begging her not to say nothing to the old lady. Chloe got the hit and said

"Aunt Mia "

Upon say the old lady's eyes dimmed and she squinted her eyes and asked

"Speaking of which, where is your aunt?"

"Ummmm, I'm pretty sure she's in the bathroom."

"Is it just the two of you? I mean you and Mia?" She emphasized the question

"Oh yes," she said, hiding the look of guilt on her face.

"Okay, since it seems like I came here for nothing, I'll take my leave. Come by tomorrow, okay?"

Chloe accompanied the old lady to the door, and she bid her goodbye. After she was gone, the little girl ran with her little feet to where Zoey was hiding and hugged her legs.

"Why didn't you want to see grandma?"

"I'm not officially your mother remember ?" she said, smiling

"I get that. Anyway, I'm off to play with the toys grany bought,"

Zoey smiled as she watched the girl retreat to the couch. Mia, on the other hand, was already seated on the couch opposite the one Chloe was.

"Zoey, do you mind changing so we can go out and grab some food?" She said, throwing the gift bag to Zoey

"Oooh, right, give me a minute. I'll be back real quick,"

Zoey took a shower first before changing into the clothes Mia had bought for her. With just a mere glance you could tell that they were pretty expensive, she felt like she didn't want to wear them because it would take her a while to pay Mia back but in the end she did. It's not like she had a choice. It was a floral summer dress just above knee length with a pair of golden moonlight anklets and white sneakers. The outfit was just  so simple but screamed wealth, and to her surprise, it was just the perfect fit. She put on light makeup and curled her hair. She looked gorgeous.

She stepped out of the bathroom, and all eyes were on her. Smiling awkwardly, she said

"How do I look? "

Without a word, Mia just took out her phone and snapped a picture of her. While Chloe did the same and sent the picture to Julian.

"You look amazing, Zoey! "

Mia exclaimed, and Chloe nodded repeatedly.

"Thank you." She shly thanked them  as the trio left the room.