Chapter 16: Please Ms Zoe

Zoe rolled her eyes at him and said,

"I didn't mean it like that, you asshole. Either way, even if you tried to woo me, I'd never agree to be with you. We are not compatible, " she said, swaying her hair

Dante cleared the distance between them and trapped her between his arms, and inhaled her scent. He looked deep into her eyes, and Zoe noticed his breath full of tobacco and his scent filled with alcohol. She tried to push him away, but he was too strong that it was just an act in vain. She felt disgusted.

"Go away from me, you drunkard!"she yelled

"I'm not a drunkard future, Ms. Blackwood. I just had a little alcohol to drink. Julian just got a role in some huge movie, so we were just celebrating. "

"Then do you care to explain the tobacco scent? "

"Oh that, I just had a puff nothing serious but look at you, you not even my wife yet and here you are getting into character " he chuckled and Zoe used all her strength to push him away from her.

'He's just blabbering nonsense because he is drunk.'

She said to herself and took a deep breath. She faced him, he was drunk but he looked composed that if it weren't for the alcohol smell that had filled his natural scent she'd think he was sober.

She said,"Mr Blackwood, you are drunk, and I think it will be best for us both if you'd go home. Let's talk about this tomorrow. "

She faced her apartment building  turning her back at him, and started walking away. She saw him put on that poker face of his and said calmly. When the first word left his mouth, she froze in place.

"I might be drunk, but the love I have for my daughter will never change. I don't want her to grow up to be just like me, lonely, cold, and desperate for motherly love. She said it right the first day you two met. You really made a good impression by just being yourself. She told me that not everything in this world can be bought by money. She wants a mother real bad. It's rare for her to like someone. She doesn't like just anyone, but she likes you Ms Zoe and if not for the sake of anything else, please do it for her. I'll give you anything money can buy, please just be her legal mother. I'll woo you if you want. You said you don't know me personally, right? So don't quit and come back to work when you can, whenever you want, I'll triple your salary and even buy you a villa,  a car and your own company. I'll do anything so you can get to know me better, I'll be your strength financially. I promise I will try to open up to you and make you love me" he paused still looking at her back that had froze in place and continued, "I promise I will try to make you love me and open up to you but I can't promise to love you back"

Zoe faced him with an expressionless face, but deep down, she knew that she was kinda hurt. What kind of marriage will that be?

"I will give you everything and anything. Ms. Zoe, please do it for my daughter, be her mother,please,"

Zoe did not say anything to him. Instead, she just kept staring at him. He noticed that she was not intending to reply anytime soon, so he smiled bitterly and said

"Think about it, Ms Zoe, it's a three in one deal, you get to have the liberty of watching me woo you, having everything money can buy and....having Chloe as your daughter. You said it's best for both of us if I leave, right? Then I'm going but think about it."

Dante started advancing towards his car and his words started ringing in her head but they all went to a halt when she remembered that he was drunk and driving while drunk is not recommended and him doing it won't be in anyone's best interest. All the possible dangerous scenarios started playing in Zoe's mind.

'What if he has an accident and breaks his leg or hand'

'What if he becomes disabled'

'What of he gets into a coma'

'What if he crushes into a truck and dies'

'What will Chloe become without him'

Her thoughts were going wild that what she blurted next left the man who was getting in his car freeze in place.

"Don't go, please stay. Don't leave Dante"