Chapter 25: A Man Of Flatter

Zoey, who was setting up the table preparing to eat, was disturbed by the sound of the doorbell.

"Who could it be?"

She asked herself. She wasn't the type to get visitors, especially at night. Warily, she took a pan and headed for the door. Opening the door and ready to attack, she saw Dante standing there.

Quickly hiding the pan behind her back, she smiled cutely and said,

"Mr Blackwood, I wasn't expecting to see you,"

"You weren't expecting to see anyone," he said, forcing his way inside. When his gaze hit on the table, he smiled and sat down, saying

"Mind if I join?"

"Yes, I mind. What the hell are you doing here?"

"I came to see my future wife. Is there anything wrong with that "

"I didn't know you could be a man full of flatter,"

"Just playing my part as a fiancé"

Zoey rolled her eyes and sat down, putting a mouthful of pasta salad in her mouth. Dante ate a small portion of the chicken curry and looked at Zoey.

"Did you prepare this?"

"Duh, what do you think, Mr. CEO? "

"Got to admit you are really good,"

"Oh my God, was that a compliment? "

"Duh, what do you think, Ms assistant? " he mimicked Zoey.

This caused Zoey to roll her eyes and chuckle cutely, and Dante just smiled.

"You are really good with your words, Mr., why didn't you talk much before."

"It's before. Now I'm speaking to my future wife, and I'm bound to be free. "

Zoey laughed lightly, and the rest of the dinner was eaten in silence, comfortable silence.

Zoey cleared the table and went to wash the dishes. Dante followed her and started helping her.

"Ms Zoe, my daughter, said that she wants me to keep you safe," he began

"And so I don't like you going around in other strangers' cabs, so for that matter, I hired a personal driver for you."

"That's not necessary. Believe me, I can take care of myself,"

"Then take care of yourself with your own car,"

"Mr Dante, I have a lot on my plate, I don't want to unnecessarily waste money -"

"You can take the one you ran away in with my daughter,"

"Dante, you don't understand I-"

"If you don't like it, I can buy a new one for you."

"I'm not going to be with you for your money! "

"I'm just being a husband,"

"We are not married! Stop being such a silly goose!!"

Dante just looked at her and returned to his poker self.

"I don't care, you are, and I mean it coming to work with that car,"

"You are not the boss of me!"

Dante just raised a brow and left, leaving Zoey in raged.

"Asshloe!"

Wanting to curse Dante more, she received a call from her brother.

"Zake and Xavier, my little pumpkins, how are you?"

"We are okay, sister, and you?"

"I'm okay,"

"How's the city?"

"It's good. How is home and mom?"

"Great, sister. I wanted to tell you that we are graduating from high school next month, so we can move to the city before Christmas if you don't mind."

"Why would I? Don't worry, I will have paid everything by the end of next month."

"Okay, goodnight, sister!"