Chapter 18: Sleeping In The Same Bed

Dante picked Chloe up and looked at Zoey.

"Miss Zoey, can you drive me to my hotel room? I'm afraid my house is very far from here, plus I'm taking my daughter with"

Zoey looked at the girl who was shaking in Dante's arms and nodded lightly. She then ran back to her place and locked the door as well as taking her coat. When she came out, she saw Dante seated in the passenger seat and Chloe wrapped around in a blanket in the back seat.....asleep?

She got into the car and drove slowly to the Allheal's grand hotel,the highest rated hotel in the country.

She parked the car in the lot and carried Chloe following Dante closely behind. She saw him get into a private elevator with a sign on the side imprinted in gold,It was an abbreviation "𝓑⋆𝓦",she got inside and stood next to Dante, on the former, she guessed it was Dante's private elevator but how? Of course, grand hotels have exclusive elevators for the influential people but not to the point of having a private elevator for each. Didn't the Allheal's grand hotel belong to the mysterious young CEO named Valerian? How were the two related?

She was pulled out of her thoughts by the sound of the opening of the elevator revealing a magnificent grand room. Everything inside was of the color black. It gave of the vibe of a lonely, cold, and dominating personality. The bed was large; huge enough to accommodate 4 people comfortably, with a floor to ceiling French window leading to the balcony with the view of the city's lights. It was big but dark. Fancy but dull and looked expensive but lifeless. Dante just headed to the bathroom, and soon Zoe heard the sound of the shower running. She sighed and tackled Chloe in bed. She was wearing a large t-shirt with short fluffy pants  that made it comfortable to sleep in.

She seated at the edge of the bed and debated with herself of what she should do. The couches were big but due to her sleeping habits she feared embrassing herself in the morning when she finds herself on the floor. Going back home was not an option. Dante was taking a long time that she couldn't take it anymore and went to Chloe's side and fell into a deep slumber with Chloe in-between her arms.

Half an hour after she fell asleep, Dante walked out with hair dripping wet. He gazed at Zoey and the child in her arms for a long time with an unreadable expression before drying his hair and changing into his briefs and a t-shirt. He laid on the other side and looked at them again and noticed a loose strand that was irritating Zoey, he put the strand  behind her ear and smiled slightly at the sight of his daughter and the woman he would go to the ends of the world to make his wife. He closed his eyes and fell into a deep slumber.

They were like the perfect family. The type of family that Chloe always dreamed of having. Was her wish slowly being fulfilled, or was it being fulfilled at the cost of someone else's happiness?