Chapter 26. The first FAMILY dinner

Tere aas paas din saara
Na jaana kab Mai Dil haara
Thoda sa tune behkaaya
Behlaya Dil ko sehlaya

Maine jaana ke mujhme tu hai
💜💜💜💜💜💜

Aayan

"Today after office. Should we leave together?" I asked her as today we are going at my place for dinner. Mom has prepared her favorite food. She specially asked me for her number and invited her. I asked Niti about her favorite food and told mom to prepare those things.

"Yeah okay!" she replied with a nod and we both started doing our respective works. 

I am excited for the dinner as she will be spending time with my family for the first time. She hasn't met her family for a while so she must be missing the homely vibes. I hope she will feel good after today's dinner. 

But there is just problem, MOM. 

I hope she doesn't say something weird Infront of her. Okay yes, she knows that I love Tara. Like she knows that I like her. I didn't give her details but yes, I told her about my feelings. I am very close to her, and I can't hide anything from her.

When she saw Tara on the day of Holi when she came to drop me, she came to like her a lot.

"Arey beta, come inside." my mom said with a cheerful smile as she saw me and Tara on the door.

We both stepped inside, and mom made her sit on the couch. I went inside my room to freshen up while Aarohi di came with a glass of water for her. She gulped down the water and di and mom went inside the kitchen for dinner preparations. Dad came and sat on a chair near the couch.

"How are you beta?" 

"I am fine uncle. How have you been?"

"I am also doing good. So, you are at the sub-DM post, right?"

"Yes Uncle. I joined duty almost three years ago. I am about to get promoted as the DM."

"Ohh! Very nice beta. It's good to see diligent people like you."

"Thank you, uncle. I just strive to do my best duty."

They were chit-chatting when I joined them after changing into a white t-shirt and black trackpants. I sat beside Tara, and we talked for a more while until mom called us for dinner. We settled ourselves on the dining table while Aarohi di and mom set up the table.

I sat beside her, and mom served her food. Her eyes widened on seeing so many different food items and she let out an audible gasp. 

"So much food! Aunty why did you bother yourself this much?" she asked in a concerned voice to which mom just smiled and replied, "It's your first-time having dinner here. How could I not prepare the best food!"

She just smiled and looked at me. I gave an assuring smile, and we started eating. We were enjoying the food, and she was most delighted. She was devouring the food with utter delight. I looked at her and a soft chuckle left my mouth as I saw her face in a cute pout with Dal Makhani and Naan stuffed inside her mouth. She raised her eyebrows asking what happened and I just nodded my head softly in a no.

We were all eating peacefully with Tara and Aarohi di talking about some general stuff when my mom decided to disrupt our peace by shooting the most unexpected question,

"So, beta what have you thought about marriage?"

She choked on her food listening to it. Well, expected for me but unexpected for her. I seriously told mom not to say something like this in front of her but who listens to me!