Chapter 18. Can I drink ?

TARA POV: -

"Hello!"

"Yaa Niti, I'm okay. No just a small injury. I'll come home soon"

"Don't worry and take care."

Finally Niti got her senses back and called me. She told me that she was stuck in some urgent work so couldn't see my calls. And obviously you can imagine how she reacted when she got to know that I am at Aayan's house. Such a drama company she is!

Oh god I can't stop thinking about him! He is just stuck in my mind. Why can't I get rid of his thoughts? You know it's not my fault. It's that stupid Niti and that darned Rishi. Why did they had to say all those things to me!

Flashback few days ago>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Niti: Taru have you thought anything about Aayan?

Tara: What's there to think about him?

Niti: He really likes you. Actually he loves you! Don't you think you should give him a chance?

Tara: Just shut up yaar! He is literally my co-worker, how can you think something like that ?

Niti: Why? Is it written somewhere that anyone can't date their junior?

Tara: It's not just that! Who knows my life better than you? Do you think I can let an innocent come in my life and ruin himself? There is no place for love in my life. I have already lost Siya di and Vihu. I can't afford if one more innocent loses his life because of me. You know how low that Raghav Singhania can stoop. I am just using Aayan for my revenge and in return, I am helping him win his cases, That's it!

Niti: What the hell are you saying Tara? You cannot play with his feelings like that. What's the guarantee that he will also die? You couldn't save them because you were helpless. Now you have power Tara. Power to keep him away from every danger and to burn down every finger laid on him.

Tara: What if I fail? like I failed 4 Years back?

Niti: Learn to trust yourself Tara. I know you also have feelings for him. It's just that you don't want to accept it because of your fear. Don't live in this fear, don't let it engulf the happiness standing right in front of you. Open your arms and embrace it without regretting about the past and worrying about the future.

Tara: How can you be so sure that he loves me? He is not like others? Even my parents didn't trust me and you think he will? Will he stay by my side even after knowing my truth?

Niti: YES. I am sure that he loves you and he is not like others. Remember the last time you smiled or laughed that too because of a guy? The last time you played guitar for someone else than me? The last time you accepted flowers, that too from a guy?

He could've directly asked you out like every other random guy but he chose to give you your own time, to be comfortable around him, to start trusting him. He literally wasted his whole day choosing those gifts for you. He was so nervous and excited. The way he talks about you, the way his eyes shine when he takes your name with pride, anyone can sense the amount of love he has for you. Why can't you just see his efforts?

Tara: WHAT EFFORTS??? Those stupid gifts? I just don't have time for this shit. I have to find my culprits and kill them and that's it. I don't have time to waste on emotions.

Niti: You know what Tara? I am feeling sad for that poor guy, who fell in love with a heartless girl like you! For the first time I am feeling that you don't deserve his love....... And one more thing, those gifts are not stupid, you are stupid.