Chapter 14. Why do you care?

Rag Rag wo samaaya mere
Dil par wo chaaya mere
Mujhme wo aise jaise Jaan
Gire Barsaat me paani jaise
Koi kahaani jaise
Dil se ho Dil tak Jo bayyan

Aashiq Dil Tera,
Purana hai ye
Deewana deewana samjhe na
Kabhi chup chup rahe
Kabhi Gaaya ye kare
Bin puche Teri taareefen
Sunaaya ye kare
🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵

TARA POV: -

"You can sleep in my room. I'll take the guest room. I've kept the water bottle here for you. These are your medicines, please take them before you sleep and if you need something, just call me."

Here I am standing in Aayan's room listening to him guiding me about every small detail. This man!!! He is literally taking too much care of me since I came here. He didn't even let me pick up a glass of water. He brought me medicines and ordered my favorite food for dinner, Yes he asked it from Niti. I am really liking this side of him. I have always been alone, healed myself all alone. I never knew how it felt to be cared. But this guy, he is showering me with all those new experiences which I am currently loving without caring about the consequences. 

He left the room after telling me everything to which I just nodded. I laid down on the bed but sleep was far from my eyes. I stood up from the bed and went towards the balcony. It was still raining but not that heavily. The soft sound of rain was really giving peace. I stood there for some time closing my eyes, leaning towards the railing. I turned around and I saw a guitar kept on a corner. I quickly went towards it and grabbed it. I ran my fingers through it and it felt like it was all new. It seemed like nobody has ever played it. I got excited looking at the guitar and now I just wanted to run my fingers through it's strings and sing my favorite tracks. But, maybe it was Aayan's guitar. It would be inappropriate to touch his guitar without asking him. He might not like it. My desire to play was so strong that I couldn't hold back myself. I kept the guitar on the bed and went towards Aayan's room.

I knocked the door and he opened the door and looked at me.

"What happened Mam? Do you need something?"

"Ah were you sleeping? Did I disturb you?" I asked him a bit hesitatingly.

"No no mam, I was anyways not feeling sleepy. I was just scrolling some reels." He said making me sigh in relief.

"Actually Mr. Malhotra I saw a guitar in your room. I am not feeling sleepy. Can I play it?" I asked him in a steady voice.

AAYAN POV: - 

I was beyond excited on listening to her. I wanted to hear her sing so badly and today she is asking me herself. I instantly smiled and replied,

"Yaa sure mam, why not! I am also not feeling sleepy. Can I also sit with you?" I asked her with excitement.

"Sure Mr. Malhotra why not!" She said with a smile.

"Mam, don't you think that Mr. Malhotra is too formal? You can call me Aayan at least in person." I complained making a pout face. She just smiled slightly and said, 

"Okay... Aayan"

I just grinned and we went towards my room. She suggested that we should sit in the balcony. We went and sat in the balcony. She took the guitar in her hands and said,

"Which song do you want me to sing ?" She asked me.

I smiled and replied, "Any song that you like"

She thought for a second and then started running her fingers on the strings of the guitar. She started singing along with the guitar -

Pehle bhi mai,
Tumse Mila hu
Pehli dafa hi milke laga,
Tune chhua zakhm ko mere
Marham marham Dil pe laga.

Paagal paagal hai thode
Baadal baadal hai dono
Bharse khulke bheege aa Zara
Pehle bhi mai
Tumse mila hu
Pehli dafa hi milke laga,
Tune chhua zakhm ko mere
Marham marham Dil pe laga

Galat kya sahi kya
Mujhe na pata hai
Tumhe agar pta ho
Bata dena
Mai arse se khudse
Zara laapta hu
Tumhe agar milu to
Pata dena
Kho na Jana mujhe dekhte dekhte

Tu hi zariyaa
Tu hi manzil hai
Yaa ke Dil hai
Itna bata
Tune chhua zakhm ko mere
Marham marham Dil pe laga

Paagal paagal hai thode
Baadal baadal hai dono
Barse barse bheege aa Zara
Pehle bhi mai
Tumse mila hu
Pehli dafa hi milke laga
Tune chhua zakhm ko mere
Marham marham Dil pe laga.

She completed the song and a small smile adorned her lips. Her voice was working like a drug to me. A drug to which I wish to get intoxicated for the rest of my life. I was feeling blessed listening to her angelic voice.The whole time she was singing, I was just looking at her beautiful face. The moonlight hitting perfectly on her cheeks, small hair strands lingering over her face, eyebrows scrunching at high notes, she was just looking heavenly. I wish I could just keep her with me forever.

"How was it ?"  She asked me with a small smile.
"Amazing !! I didn't knew you sing so well. Your music is like therapy to my ears. I feel like listening to you all night." I said with a grin on my face.

"Btw, this guitar is all new, why don't you play it ?" She asked me scrunching her eyebrows.
"Aarohi di gifted this to me almost three years back. I don't know how to play it."
I told her and she made an o face.

"Can I ask you something Tara ?"
" Yeah sure "
"Why were you so worried about me ?"
I asked her and she scoffed and said,
"Huh, I was not worried!"
I instantly whinned on her answer and said,
"Hey you're lying ! You literally left your important meeting, and sent the whole fucking police station at my house!!!"
"I did that because I thought you might be in danger"
I casually answered shrugging my shoulders.
"So why do you care if I am in danger?"

TARA POV:-

He asked me looking into my eyes. He asked the question making me speechless. Why do I care ? Exactly! Why do I exactly care?
You are falling for him Tara. Said my conscience.
Oh shut up I am not. I instantly denied.
Oh really? Then why did you exactly do all that ? My conscience asked me.
Obviously because..... Because.....
I couldn't find any answer. Or maybe I didn't want to accept the answer.
See, and you say you don't like him. My conscience mocked me pushing me into utter confusion.

"What happened Tara?" Aayan said breaking my chain of thoughts. I just mumbled a nothing. Not getting any reply from my side to his previous question, he got up to leave and before turning around he stopped on his tracks and said,

"Aaram se soch kar jawaab dijiyega. Good night Tara."
Saying this he left the room leaving me dumbfounded.

Heyy lovelies 💜
I hope you liked the chapter.
Tara is helplessly falling guys 🫠🫠
Don't forget to vote and comment.
For spoiler reels and character aesthetics follow me on Instagram -
Naina.writess
Take care
🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍