Chapter 6. The invitation

Tumhe pata to hoga,
Tumhi pe main fidaa hu,
Tumhe hai jab se chaaha,
Hawaaon me udta hu
Tumhi mere har pal mein,
Tum aaj mein tum kal mein,
Hey Shona Hey Shona
🤍💜🤍💜🤍💜

Next morning Tara reached the office at 10 am. She was walking towards her cabin while looking down at her mobile phone.

She was engrossed in the mobile screen when she bumped into a well built chest. Her phone fell down but the person standing was fast enough to catch her from her waist saving her from falling.

She slowly opened her eyes only to meet with a pair of dark brown doe orbs staring at her lovingly. It was Aayan.She was lost in the beauty of his eyes while his smirk widened seeing her looking at himself like this.

He snapped his fingers bringing her back from her lala land. She cleared her throat and stood straight. She was about to leave when he came near her and said 

“ Thoda sambhaalkar chala kijiye, zaroori nahi hai har baar Mai hi bachaau .”

Saying this he left from there leaving her dumbfounded.

She shook her head in disbelief.

“ Did he just flirt with you ! His senior and you couldn't say anything? Huh”

She mumbled to herself and made her way towards her cabin. 

She was working but her mind was stuck in the morning’s incident. No one has dared to say things like this to her till now and moreover her own reaction was making her confused af.

“ I must say, he is daring!”
She mumbled to herself. Realising that she was thinking about him she slapped herself and started working again.

“ Mr. Malhotra can you please come to my cabin?”
Tara said on the phone call.

“ Yes mam, coming right away”
came the reply from Aayan.

She hummed and disconnected the call. He knocked the door of her cabin and she gestured him to come and sit. 

“ Mr. Malhotra what about the list of those schools which I gave you?” She questioned him.

“ Mam I have already filed suits against them. We will be sending it to them by tomorrow.” He answered.

“ Okay” she said slowly but this was not what she wanted to ask him.

He thought that she was done and he started getting up to leave when she hesitatingly said

“Waitt..!”

He turned around asking her what happened to which she gestured him to sit and said

“ Mr. Malhotra can I ask you for a favour?”

  Favour! Arey aap to hukum kijiye!
he mumbled to himself and then
said “ yes yes mam anything.” 

“ A.. actually I have received an invite for an official party. It's on next Monday. All the sub dms ( sub district magistrates) have been invited so I also have to go. Butt…. everyone has to bring a partner like one of their juniors. So I was thinking if you could come….” 

“ I'll come with you” Aayan answered without letting Tara complete. He was extremely happy and excited.

“ If you have any issue then I can ask Mr. Verma….”

“ NO NEED! I'll come I am anyways jobless… ah I mean free .” 

As soon as Tara mentioned someone else's name he instantly shouted making her flinch. He could not imagine her going with someone else. He stuttered while Tara was dumbfounded on his behaviour.

She was anyways thankful that he agreed to go with her. Because after what happened last time, no one was ready to accompany her.

She had asked four employees before him but everyone made some or the other excuse. 

“ Thank you so much Mr. Malhotra.” She said with gratitude laced in her voice.

Isse kya pata ki favour Maine iss pe nahi iss ne mujhpe Kiya hai. Mai to maraa jaara tha iske saath kahi jaane ke liye. Thank you so much bhagwan jii !

he said in his mind when he was interrupted by Tara.

“ Mr. Malhotra it's lunch time. Go have your lunch.” 

“ Mam If you don't mind can we eat together?” He shyly asked her.

“ No” His mouth hung open on listening such a rude and straight forward answer from her. He blinked his eyes multiple times to digest what just happened.

She looked up to him that he was still standing there dumbfounded.

“ I actually like to eat alone.” 

She justified herself making him pout like a child and leave from there.

“ Huh! How nicely she was talking when she needed favour and now ! This girl is very rude. Dikhti to itni pyari si hai but behaviour bilkul opposite . Aise to meri love story puri hone me do teen Janam nikal jaayenge”
He was sulking in himself when he came across Rishi.

“ Kya hua Bhai chal lunch karte hai” Rishi said to him.

“ Lunch ? Tu hi khaa !” Aayan scoffed and irritatedly said.

“ Ab kya hogya ?” Rishi knew that he was a big drama company. So something must have happened.

“ I asked Tara for lunch and you know what, she straight away rejected me ! Just a minute ago she was talking so sweetly when I agreed on going to the party with her.” Aayan was telling his so called pain when he was cut by Rishi.

“ Whatttt! Party ? You are going with her ? You are gone.” 

Aayan got surprised on his reaction and said “ Yes I am going and I am very excited also but why are you screaming? What's wrong?”

“ Long story bro. Let's go to cafeteria I'll tell you there.”

They went to the cafeteria and ordered their lunch while Aayan asked

“ Tell na why were you reacting like that ?”

Rishi took a deep breath and started

“ An year ago also there was a party like this where Tara Madam went with Ritesh Sir. Actually madam is very short tempered we all know this. She was walking with a glass of wine in her hand when she bumped into a woman and accidentally the wine fell on that woman’s purse.

She apologized but that woman was a total bitch. She started screaming on her and even started talking about her status and all. She was a businessman’s wife and started saying that government officials have no class and all.

So madam lost her cool and smashed a beer bottle on her head. And after that everyone is scared to go with her.” 

On hearing him Aayan gulped imagining the scenario. He was astonished by her badass behaviour. But still he wanted to go with her. As much as he was scared of her anger, he also admired her angry face.

“ It's okay bro , I can bear every behaviour of her.” He genuinely smiled and Rishi facepalmed himself knowing to the extent he was whipped for her.

This was the chapter lovelies 💜

We have crossed 200 reads 🧿

Don't forget to vote and comment down your favourite part of the chapter.

Make sure you follow me on Instagram for spoiler reels and updates.❤️

Insta- Naina.writess

Take care ❤️