Chapter 7. Favour and the dangerous Tara

Lagta hai nigaahon me teri,
Bin doobe rehna hi nahi
Mujhe Ishq ye karne se
Ab koi bhi na tok sakeyaa
O haareya Mai Dil haareya
Oh haareya Mai Dil haareya
Mai haara tujhpe
Mai haara tujhpe
🩶🩶🩶🩶🩶

AUTHOR POV☆⋆

Few days passed and they were working peacefully. Aayan was loving being with her while due to his cute yet professional behaviour, Tara was also liking his company.

He not only used to do his work perfectly but also keep a track of Tara's schedule. He took care of her which she felt wierd at first but eventually got habitual to it. Now she was comfortable with him.

One thing she could not understand about him was that how can anyone smile all the time. Whenever she used to look at him, she always found him grinning.

He sometimes used to find her too cold but he was patient.

" Mam, Your signatures are needed on this file." Aayan said rummaging through some papers secured in a file.

She was about to take the papers from him when the landline kept on her table rang.

She picked it up and as she listened something disappointing, she started lashing out on the person on the other side of the phone. Aayan flinches on listening to her raised voice. She banged the phone disconnecting it.

She signed the papers and handed over to him. He was about to leave when he turned around and said hesitantly, scared of her reaction.

" You know mam, we should sometimes forgive people's mistakes."

Tara looked up to him and said

" Maafi galti ki hoti hai bewakoofi ki nahi.

Aur ye log ek number ke bewakoof hai!"

" Mam can I ask you something?" Aayan curiosly yet hesitatingly asked her.

She raised her left eyebrow and nodded.

" Since I have joined I have never seen you laughing. Why don't you smile?"

Tara glared at him and said,
" And since you have joined I have only seen you grinning around. Doesn't your jaw hurts ?"

Aayan's smile fade on listening to him and he whined like a child and said

" I was just asking because laughing is good for health!"

"LEAVE" Tara said giving him a death glare. He left pouting like a child.

Looking at the leaving figure Tara slightly let out a chuckle and shaking her head in disbelief she said to herself

" Iska kuch nahi ho sakta. He is really different."

It was 7 pm in the evening and Tara was about to leave when she heard a knock. On hearing her reply Aayan came inside with a few files in his hands. He was confusingly looking at the files and said

" Mam , actually I wanted to ask a favour from you. I am actually trying to solve this case but it's very complex.
I can't seem to find any loopholes to defend my client. I am damn sure that he is innocent. I have done all the background research but I can't seem to prove it in the court.

How will I prove that the opponent is guilty? This is the most confusing case of my career.

Ahhhhhhh ....." he groaned frustratingly pulling out his hairs.