Chapter 23. Celebrate Holi with Aayra

Ghunghru hai tu, main to hoon paanv piya

    Chanana nana
Peepal tu, main to hoon chhanv Piya Tabhi hoon magan

Naino mein base khwaab tere lehraaye
Jhalke chhalke chhalke re
Par se halke halke
Apne hi rang me,

Apne hi rang mein mujhko rang de
Dheeme dheeme rang mein mujhko rang de
Saundhe saundhe rang mein mujhko rang de
Rang de na, rang dena, rang de na
💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

AAYAN POV: -

HOLI

Today is Holi!

It is 7 am in the morning and I just freshened up. I came out from the shower wiping my damp hair with a small towel, another towel wrapped around my torso. Water dripping from my hairs flowing through my toned six pack abs and the perfect back. 

I kept the towel on the couch and picked up my phone to check if SHE has replied to my text which I sent her almost an hour ago. I was on a conference call with Niti and Rishi yesterday when they told me about Tara's enmity from Holi. I wonder how a person cannot like a joyful and colorful festival like Holi!

It is my favorite festival. The inner child in me completely overpowers me on this day. A completely different and cheerful Aayan emerges on this day. 

"Kya kya sapne dekhe the maine iss saal Taru ke saath holi khelne ke! Lekin iss sherni ko to holi se bhi problem hai! Ajeeb khadoos hai!!"

I was busy ranting to myself when my phone rang, and I saw it was Niti. I picked up the call and she said,

"Everything is ready?"

"Yess" I said with a confident smile to which she replied,

"Okay good" I hummed, and she said bye before disconnecting the call. I smirked and said to myself, "Let's see Ms. Sahani, how will you escape today."

I got ready in an off-white kurta and went outside to wish my parents and do the puja. I went outside and the sweet smell of the delicious food strikes my nostrils. I headed towards the kitchen to see my mother frying gujiyas. I hugged her from behind and she turned towards me. I touched her feet and went towards my dad and took his blessings as well. I did the puja and went out for the preparations for Holi party.

AUTHOR POV: -

Here Niti is planning to get Tara out of her room who just did the puja and locked herself in. Yes , she has not forgiven her yet. But, Aayan really wanted to celebrate Holi with her and she could not refuse her brother. She was a bit angry but deep down she also wanted her to play holi. It has been fore years since she touched the Holi colors. 

Niti is ready in a white one piece coming below her knees. She stood close to the door of Tara's room and said loudly for her to listen,

" What! Who attacked Kriti? In which hospital is she admitted??"

Tara's ears stood up listen to this horrific news and she bang opened the door of her room and said loudly, "What happened to Kriti?" 

Niti faked a worried expression and said, "Someone attacked her, and she is admitted in the hospital. I think we should visit her."