Chapter 8. At her house

Rab vi khel hai khele,
Roz lagave mele
Kehnda kuch na badla
Jhoot bole har vele

Chup maahi
Chup hai raanjha
Bole kaise ve na jaa
Aaja aaja
🤍🤍🤍🤍

Author POV:-

It was 7 am in the morning when Tara woke up rubbing her eyes. She got up and started with her morning routine. After freshening up she wore a black tracksuit and taking her gun she left the house.

Niti woke up around 8 and on not finding Tara at home, she understood where she could be. So she also carried on with her work. She had an important meeting today so she started getting ready.

Around 9:30 am Tara returned home and Niti was busy making breakfast.

" Where were you ? Working out?" Niti asked her loudly from the kitchen .

" No I just went to the range for some shooting practice."

Tara replied.

Niti came out from the kitchen and looking at a packet in Tara's hand she understood what was inside.

" Again chocolate cake? It's not good for your health to consume so much chocolate." Niti shouted on her.

" Stop acting like my mother. You know right, one thing I love the most is chocolate and anyways I am too bitter so I need them."

She said giggling.

Niti sighed and shaking her head in disbelief she said

" Yeah right, Miss violent officer head over heels for chocolates. Anyways there is a parcel for you. It's kept on the couch."

Tara sat on the couch and taking the box in her hand she started looking for the sender's address but it was not mentioned.

There was a gray note inside the box with words inscribed on it in golden.

" Time for some fun Miss Tara Sahani.

Messing with me was a wrong decision. We will meet soon."

Tara read the note and rolled her eyes. Niti entered the hall and asked in a worried tone

" Who has sent this ?"

" Another well-wisher of mine." Tara boringly answered getting up from the couch.

Niti took the note and read it. She scoffed and asked

" Who is this idiot now?"

" Don't know. There are too many in line like him hungry for my life. But I am feeling I'll meet him soon whoever it is." She said turning back and then left to take a shower.

She got ready in a simple black and white printed kurta with plazo pants and left her damp hair open. She had breakfast with Niti and then she left for her meeting.

It was around 2 pm at noon when her doorbell rang. It was Aayan. He was looking effortlessly cute and handsome in a plain white tee with brown pants and an off white shrug on top.

She opened the door and he smiled and said
" hello mam. Good afternoon"

" Good afternoon Mr. Malhotra please come inside." Tara said moving aside.

Handing her a box of chocolates he said

" This is for you mam."

She got excited looking at chocolates but tried to hide it with a small smile and said