Chapter 15. No promotion for Tara?

Maine to dheere se
Neendon ke dhaage se
Baandha hai khwab ko tere

Mai na jahaan chaahu,
Na aasmaan chaahu
Aa Jaa hisse me tu mere

Mai ek musaafir hu
Tu koi raah anjaani.
🩶🩶🩶🩶🩶

"Do you understand what you have done Ms. Sahani ? You left from his cabin like that ?? You insulted him like that! Do you understand what negetive impact it can put on your promotion? I personally recommended you for the post but you know what, you let me down. Whatever the emergency was, you shouldn't have insulted him like that."

DM sir angrily spat those words to me in my cabin while I was just standing there looking at the ground. I had no explanation. How could I tell him that I was scared that someone might have harmed him. My life is full of enemies who can stoop to any extent just to destroy me.

"Now whatever decision DC sir takes you have to accept it. You should face the consequences of whatever you did."
He said looking at me. He was about to leave when I said,
"I am ready to face the consequences sir. I am responsible for whatever I did. The only thing I can say is that I had a reason. A strong reason... For whatever I did. Yes, I shouldn't have walked out like that and I am sorry for that."
He just spared me a glance and left the cabin.

AAYAN POV:-

I just came to get some signatures and what the fuck ! What is this I'm listening ? I was standing outside her cabin shocked.
She is crazy!
Yeah she is
SHE IS DEFINITELY CRAZY!
She left her promotion just to find me sleeping like a log !
I couldn't control myself. I can't bear if anything wrong happens with my purple because of me.
I barged inside her cabin without knocking and she widened her eyes looking at me.

"What is this behaviour Mr. Malhotra? Can't you atleast knock!" She said angrily and I royally ignored her coming straight to the point.
"Are you serious mam ? Aapne apne promotion ki meeting chhod di ! Kyu?"

She got up from her seat and looking straight into my eyes she said,
"I don't need to answer you. Now you can leave."
I just looked into her eyes and said,
"Ek din aap in saare sawaalon ka jawab zaroor dengi."

I left her cabin and went to the cafeteria. There I found Rishi sitting on a chair devouring a sandwich. I went towards him and sat on a chair beside him. Looking at me his eyes widened and I knew what was coming.

"You!!! Bhai tu paagal ho gya hai kya? Kya kiya ye tune? Tujhe pta bhi hai kal tere kaaran hum sab ko kya jhelna pada, Ritesh sir ne pura office sar pe utha liya tha. Madam ka gussa kisi se control nahi ho raha tha bhai! Tujhe kuch sharam waram hai ki nahi ... Aise kaun phone off karke so jaata hai! "

"I am sorry yaar. But I didn't knew Tara will be so worried. Why is she caring this much about me all of a sudden? Does she likes me too? What do you think?" I asked him raising my brows.

"Like ? Bro, she doesn't even have a heart! But still I don't think that you should rush. She is unpredictable." Rishi said in a bit tensed voice. I nodded my head in understanding manner.

Few days passed and things were going smoothly. Aayan was enjoying his office and Tara was busy behind the construction companies.

AT THE MORNING: -

Tara was getting ready for duty. She wore a sky blue Anarkali suit. She was all ready but her glance fell on the Rudraksh bracelet that Aayan gifted her. She thought for a second and then wore it. She came in the hall where Niti was standing near the door wearing her shoes.

"Madam, your old passport is lying on the dining table. Your habit of misplacing things is never gonna leave you. Keep it safely." Niti said in a cold tone to which Tara just replied with an okay. She boringly picked up the passport and threw it on the couch, "Baad me rakh dungi." She mumbled to herself and left for duty. She entered the building with clicking sound of her heels. She walked in her cabin and a bouquet of white roses on her table gained her attention. She just slightly smiled and took a glass filled with water and taking each rose carefully from the bouquet, she placed them inside the glass.

All the officers along with Tara were inside the meeting room where all the officers were providing their monthly reports about the improvements made in the rural areas. Everyone was fully immersed in the meeting except for Aayan who was just staring at the Rudraksh Bracelet on Tara's hand with a small smile on his face. Tara sensed someone's continuous stare on her and she obviously knew who that belongs to. The meeting came to an end and everyone left the meeting room. Aayan also turned to leave when he was stopped by Tara,

"Itne bhi gaur se mat dekha kare. Mujhe nazar lag jaayegi."

Saying this, she left the room and Aayan looked at the leaving figure and took off the evil eye from her using his hands looking at her disappearing back. He rubbed his nape and got back to his work.

It was 8 pm. and Tara reached home. She opened the house using the keys as Niti already told her that she won't be coming home tonight. She tiredly laid on the sofa. As she had nothing to do and no one to talk to, she decided to go out for a stroll. She changed into a loose white shirt with black trackpants. She came outside and reached near an empty street. After few minutes she sensed that maybe someone was following her. She turned back and found no one. She again started walking and again she felt the same. She again turned backwards to check but there was no one. As she turned back at the front, a metal rod hit her head, not giving her a chance to see the face of the person. Blood started oozing out and she fainted at the middle of the road.

Another short chapter for y'all lovelies 💜🤍. I was not planning to update today because the reads per chapter are gradually falling... I don't know why.. But it depends on my mood so I posted it today.
Please do vote and comment. Please don't be silent readers and share the novel with your reader friends 💜
Show lots of love to this chapter and I'll post the next chapter soon.
Take care, happy reading 💕
For spoiler reels and character aesthetics follow me on Instagram - naina.writess
🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍🤍