Chapter 56

At the sudden sound, Minho's fight or flight instinct set off as he turned to launch a punch on the person standing right behind him.

In terror, his eyes widened as he saw who he was attacking, and the latter ducked by crounching down, frightened, before standing back up as he noticed Minho stiffening.

They stare at each other for a moment, before Minho brought his hands up to his face to wipe his eyes thoroughly, only to realize he wasn't hallucinating.

"Ji- Han?" Minho stuttered out in deep confusion

"Hey" Jisung responded with a shy smile, as if he wasn't just getting punched "Long time no see"

"Is this a sick joke?" Minho asked calmly as he blinked repeatedly.

"Nah" Jisung shook his head, only bringing Minho more confusion.

"What the hell are you doing here? How the fuck did you get up here? And why?" Minho blurted out as his body hadn't relaxed, still very much confused.

"Damn, too many questions" He said as he sat down beside the flowers, sniffing them as he smiled "They're really pretty" He complimented, loving looking at them.

"I.. I'm taking good care of them" Minho said, shyly but proudly

"So, when are those new blooming?" He asked, pointing at the seeds he had just planted.

"I'm not sure, in a few months, I guess" Minho said as he genuinely responded, before frowning and looking back at Jisung, thinking that it wasn't time for any chit chat. "Can you answer my questions now?" He asked

"I wanted to say hi" Jisung shrugged "I arrived in front of the mansion and saw you at the balcony" He admitted calmly

"So you climbed up?" Minho asked in disbelief

"Yeah"

"Stalker much?"

"Yeah"

"You're crazy" Minho scoffed, trying to understand the unrealistic scenario

"That's what you've loved about me" Jisung said with a smirk, and Minho stumbled back a little.

"Han..." He sighed loudly

"Call me Jisung" He interrupted, correcting the latter.

Minho looked at his as he frowned, getting lost in his thoughts

"You're too damn confusing" Minho blurted out

"I know, I've been confused too" Jisung admitted

Minho sighed loudly, before leaning on his door, crossing his arms

"Why are you here?" He asked

"Happy birthday, Min" He said, fidgeting in his pocket as he handed him what was in there.

A rose petal, a red one.

Minho's eyes softened as he looked at the petal, shaky hands finding Jisung's ones as he got a hold of the petal.

"Y- ... What?" Minho stuttered, emotions twirling in his brain.

"Isn't it your birthday?" Jisung widened his eyes, wondering if he failed

"Yeah... But... You came here for that?" He said, and Jisung let out a reassured breath.

"Yep"

Minho only blinked in astonishment.

"Why roses?" Jisung asked, pointing at the pot.

"You know why.." Minho only said, voice weaker.

"You grew them for me?" Jisung asked with a smile at the corner of his lips.