Chapter 27

TW: description (not detailed) of things that might be triggering (violence, SA, death)

And Minho decided to listen to Chan.

That is why he found himself in front of Jisung's room, hand raising and lowering again and again, as he tried to gather enough courage to actually knock.

He wondered if it was actually a good idea, and he wondered what he actually should say: 'hey, you kissed me and i liked it, what should we do?'... Yeah no. That wouldn't do.

He sighed, and raised his arm. He might as well improvise.

He knocked at the door, hearing no answer from the other side, but he was too deep in thought to actually acknowledge it, so he opened the door.

He wasn't ready for the sight as soon as he stepped in.

Jisung was sitting down on his own bed, his arms wrapped around his knees as he raised his head in interrogation, spooked from the sudden presence.

Minho frowned as he noticed Jisung's slight distress, and he felt stupid having entered the room unannounced. Jisung seemingly hadn't heard the knock at his door.

"Oh... sorry... I knocked" Minho said, and noticed how Jisung avoided his eyes

"It's okay" Jisung's shaky voice resonated, and that alarmed Minho a bit too much.

He watched him, seeing how his hands were slightly shaking, and he recognized his anxious state.

He stepped in more, careful of how Jisung was reacting to his entrance, and walked more when Jisung didn't seem to be uncomfortable in his presence.

"Are you okay?" Minho asked cautiously, and Jisung simply responded with a shrug, too tired to actually answer.

"Can I sit down?" He asked, sitting on his bed with a certain distance when Jisung nodded.

Jisung looked at him, and signaled him to approach, and Minho got more into his bed, sitting just like him, his back on the wall as he joined his knees to his chest.

"What happened?" Minho softly asked, looking right in front of him

"... I just felt a bit anxious, nothing bad" Jisung responded, clearing his throat.

"Why are you anxious?" He asked, and he heard the little sigh coming from the other.

"I... I'm sorry you got hurt because of me" Jisung apologized, and Minho's head turned to him with softened eyes.

"I didn't got hurt because of you" He simply responded

"Yeah... you did. You could have just fallen to the ground, but you wanted to protect me. I'm sorry" Jisung apologized again, feeling miserable

"It was my decision" Minho argued, frowning at him "You don't have to feel bad because of my actions"

"If I reacted, you could have just fallen to the floor" Jisung said, shaking his head left to right "But I didn't, and you had to hurt yourself to help me out"

"Well, I just have a little wound, nothing bad" Minho let out, shrugging

"It could have been worse" Jisung argued, his head slowly falling on his arms in shame

"But it's not" Minho reassured. "I prefer having a bullet in my arms than letting you die in my watch" Minho said as he gently nudged him with his shoulder, trying to push him out of his arms.

"Thank you" Jisung mumbled, the sound muffled, and Minho chuckled softly.

They paused for a moment, before Minho turned to him,crossing his legs as he faced the other.