Chapter 51

Back to the mansion, everyone seemed to be on edge already.

Minho bolted to his room the second he passed the door, feeling too overwhelmed to actually have to bear with the others, from their questions to Chan's deep self depreciation expression.

Chan was close to pulling every single hair from his head by hand. This got him too stressed, unable to find a way to Jeongho that the latter hadn't anticipated.

They had sent the finger they found to analyze, and Chan didn't have the heart to tell Minho it was indeed Seungwoo's. Felix did it for him, but he got his heart shattered when Minho didn't dare to respond to that information.

This whole mission got every single one of them tossing and turning that night.

Minho laid on his bed with eyes wide open, unable to get his mind out of the fact that Seungwoo must be somewhere, hurting, crying, and that he couldn't do anything about it right now.

Jisung stared at his window in deep thinking, trying to grasp his mind away from the tons of corpses he found back there.

Hyunjin had sneaked into Seungmin's bed, needing a few snuggles to forget about the tense mansion.

When the morning finally came, most of them were lacking a few hours of sleep, mostly their leader, who spent the night scheming.

Soon enough, Chan had reunited them in the meeting room, a new offensive plan in his hands. The members couldn't wait to attack once more, and could only prayed that, this time, it would be effective.

"So" Chan cleared his throat, looking at his members whose eyes were expectantly on him "The shed did nothing, so we're going to target the building" Chan stated, and they all looked skeptical.

"Already? So we're attacking frontly? In their headquarters?" Seungmin asked with narrowed eyes.

"This is our last chance to get him. He had been walking in front of us for way too long" Chan said with a long sigh "It seems too dumb to do, so that's exactly what we need to do. We know enough about their preparations and material, so we can just barge in and get those fuckers murdered"

"What's the rules?" Hyunjin asked curiously

"None, there will not be any prisoners, you're completely free to shoot to kill any single one you find. I would prefer having Jeongho alive, but if we can't risk it, shoot him until his very last breath" Chan insisted

"How can we find the kids if Jeongho is dead?" Jisung asked judgingly

"I'll found a way to them, do not worry" Chan reassured firmly, enough for Jisung to trust him completely on that point.

"So, we're breaking into the building?" Minho asked, finally quitting his silence.

"No need to break in, we have cards to enter" He said as he showed them

"But, we're protected with helmets and all, how can they not suspect anything?" Changbin asked

"Bigger it is, easiest it is" Chan said with a malicious smile "Who would suspect people confidently entering a building?"

"Me" Minho honestly responded

"Then we'll hope that they don't" Chan shrugged

"What if they realize it's us?" Hyunjin asked

"Then we kill" Chan shrugged.

" 'We' ? Are you getting in the attacking team?" Minho wondered, narrowing his eyes

He didn't like the idea of Chan putting himself in danger.

"Let me explain to you the team" Chan said, as he showed a plan of the building with points "We will be five actors. No guards, just us. Jisung, Changbin, Minho, Hyunjin and me"

"Is it safe for you...?" Jeongin asked worriedly

"I can fight, and I trust Seungmin's protection" Chan responded with a reassuring smile "I also expect you to ruin their security cameras and deactive as much synergetic shield as you can" He said, and Jeongin nodded obediently

"As soon as we enter the hall, there are two possibilities. The first one, no one notices our weird behaviors, so we can calmly find Jeongho's office. If we don't, then we separate into groups, and seek that bitch down" He explained

"How can you be sure Jeongho will be there?" Jisung asked

"I'm not, but I'm putting my luck on this side" Chan admitted

"So we're blindly entering that building not knowing if our target is there?!" Jisung asked, scoffing in annoyment.

"Best case scenario, we find him and kill him. Worst case scenario, he isn't there, we kill his minions and steal info from his office" Chan shrugged, knowing that both scenarios were good enough.

Jisung nodded, not completely convinced, but it seemed good enough.

"The problem is that we're five, which leads to the complicated part: the groups" He said "I want three groups" He stated, and they suddenly got silenced

"So... Someone is alone?" Changbin asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Exactly" He responded "Ray is a random variable. We know he's where Jeongho is, but he can't know where he is exactly, and I'm pretty sure he'll attack from behind" He explained "The one that is alone has the most important mission. He needs to get first to Jeongho, put himself into a dangerous situation to distract both Jeongho and Ray, and find a way to call for the others" He explained, and a wave of indecisive frowns were shown on his member's faces.

"I'll do it" Minho stood up confidently, ready to take such responsibility.

They all looked at him with a frown.

"That's literally a suicide mission" Felix stated with a deep frown, not liking the idea at all.

"Let me do it" Jisung responded firmly, standing up as well as he crossed his arms, facing Minho.

Minho narrowed his eyes at him right away.

"Shut the fuck up and sit back down" He raised his voice as he pointed at Jisung's chair "There is no way you're going there alone, and Jeongho can't know you're still alive" He scolded, with not an ounce of want to let Jisung do that task.

"I don't care, I want to be the one alone" Jisung insisted, rolling his eyes when Minho sighed.

Minho approached the latter, his finger pointing at his chest as he pushed him.

"Stop with your stupid principles. You need to kill Jeongho, and can't die before anything happens" He said, voice authoritative "If you're in that position, you can kiss goodbye to your little dream" He nagged.

Jisung knew he got a point, but he somehow couldn't accept letting Minho in that position. He could sense something bad was going to happen.

"Guys, calm the fuck down, I won't let anyone die" Chan's voice rang in their ears as they all turned to him. They saw him smirk, as he sat on his table "Here's the plan"