Chapter 40

A knock was heard at his door, but no answers were heard.

Chan opened the door as he peeked inside the dark room.

"Min?" He called, and stepped inside "It's the afternoon already, you should come and eat something" He softly said.

Minho didn't answer, he simply pulled the covers on his head.

Two days have passed, and Minho hasn't said a word.

He was miserable, and they all knew it.

They left him in his room, knowing there wasn't anything they could do about it. They all knew Minho, they all have seen how much he liked the younger, and they all can imagine how painful it must be for him.

Chan got down as the others stayed around the table, eating lunch in a deafening silence. They all looked at Chan in hope, but got disappointed when Minho wasn't following suit.

"He didn't answer" Chan said, clearing his throat when his voice wavered slightly.

"How is he doing?" Hyunjin asked, eyes saddened

"I couldn't see him... But I guess he isn't very well" Chan explained with a sigh, feeling helpless

"I feel so bad for him" Seungmin said with a sigh "What were the fucking odds"

"Has he even liked someone before?" Felix asked curiously

"I don't think so" Changbin responded

"Yeah, me neither" Jeongin added

"His first love is an enemy" Hyunjin said, trying to lighten up the room "That's kinda romantic"

"Hyunjin" Chan nagged

"What? Too soon?" Hyunjin asked, embarrassingly

"Yes" Chan confirmed, scolding him gently

"Sorry" Hyunjin pouted

"Anyway, I'll need your help" Chan firmly added

"Why?" Changbin asked curiously

"Look... Somehow, I can't bring myself to trust Jeongho" Chan let out lowly, as he frowned

They stopped eating, their hands stopping mid-air as they all looked at Chan in surprise.

"But... he knew" Jeongin weakly responded

"There can be other ways... I want to investigate" Chan admitted, suddenly stressing.

He was ready for them to yell, to get mad.

He thought that his members would tell him to stop wasting so much time and move on from it. He thought they deeply believed Jisung was a traitor.

"Call me if you need help" Jeongin answered firmly

"And tell us as soon as you have more informations" Seungmin added

The others nodded confidently along, and it warmed Chan's heart.

Chan isn't the only one wanting to be Jisung's side.

"But I'll need you to take care of Minho. I may spend the next entire days in the office" Chan pleaded

"He won't accept us" Seungmin retorqued

"I'll go talk to him, force him to talk just a little bit" Chan responded, encouraging them.

"I promise we'll help him, Channie" Felix said with a warm smile, and everyone in the room already felt comforted.

"Thank you my boys"

Chan went back to Minho's room, as he abruptly entered the door.

When he got in, he spooked Minho who wasn't expecting anyone, as he was sitting on his bed, his sheets covering half of his bed.

In a panic move, he started wiping his eyes, trying to hide the fact that he had spent the last hours sobbing in his bed.

"Hi, Min" Chan said, walking forward until he sat on the bed.

Minho let out a long sigh.

He didn't want to talk, he didn't want to think. He wanted to cry his heart out and forget about Han.

"Your hair has grown a lot" Chan stated as he brought a hand up and passed it through his messy strands of hair.

Minho only sniffed, before shuffling closer to Chan and laying his head on his lap, pressing his eyes close.

"How are you feeling?" Chan asked softly, the sight pressing at his heart

"I feel so sickeningly stupid" Minho blurted out, eyes immediately filling with tears "I was fucking stupid enough to fell in love with a traitor"

"Min..."

"And to say that I didn't trust him at all at the beginning... I warmed up to him for the sake of this stupid group but I wanted none of it. And he was smart enough to make me wrapped around his finger" Minho continued on, emptying his heavy chest as everything came to realization.

"Minho... you have all the rights to be mad.... but-" Chan tried to talk, but Minho was deep in his own thoughts

"I told him everything, my story and the most unnecessary little confession... I ended up trusting him so badly I didn't even think this was possible. And I had to fucking chose between turning my back on him and hearing his cries, or give him a chance when all the hints he was a traitor had been laid down on the table" He continued, tears falling from his eyes as his eyes showed raw pain.

"Minho.."

"I hate him" Minho admitted, throat dry as he hasn't stop crying those last 2 days.

"You don't really do, right?" Chan tentatively asked

"What are you saying?" Minho asked as he frowned and sat up, looking at him dead in the eyes

"I want to know something" Chan whispered, scared of how Minho could react.

"What?"

"You've been the closest to him... Love isn't something you can really play... Was it moments where you thought he was... genuine?" He asked, staring back at him as he saw the conflict flashing through his eyes.

Minho looked at him dead in the eyes, as he joined his hands on his face, hiding the sudden sobs that escaped his mouth.

"He looked genuine everything fucking time" Minho admitted, his heart burning more as he felt played "I couldn't see anything, there is no time I doubted him" He continued, getting cut off by a few sobs "He told me he loves me and I might still dumbly believe it's true, Chan"

"I don't want to mess up with your head Min... But I'm going to investigate more on this case" Chan admitted, and he saw how Minho's head firmly turned to him.

"What?" He asked, voice strong

Chan stood up, not wanting to say too much to the weakened boy, but he got harshly pulled back.

Minho strongly grabbed Chan's arm, stopping him in his tracks as he turned him.

"So... you're saying that Han isn't for sure a traitor?" Minho asked as he blinked a few times, voice steady as he could feel the hope flooding through his veins.

"I'm still not sure..."

"What if he isn't?"

"..."

"Are you telling me that Jisung might be endangered?"